Which Parts Do You consider to be CHEAP and NASTY on your SF ?:eek:

Please list the item and the reason....

Mine is......

The Crappy rear hugger

Reason. Because it's CRAP.:eek:

·
Registered
736 Posts
If all you can come up with is a piece designed to catch debris, then I would think that Ducti did a fine job with this bike. And when you say CRAP, you mean cheap looking as opposed to non-functional?

My wish list would be for a fuel guage and a gear indicator on the display and an adjustable steering damper instead of the DDA. DDA is great for a 1098, a bike designed for the track, but I will never use it on the SF except maybe the few trackdays that I will do. I also wish that the wheels and frame were black, and what's with the radiator guard color? That should be black also.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I actually don't mind the rear hugger. if I replace it with CF it will be the same size if I can help it.

one thing I am disappointed with are the little plastic fittings for the hoses all over the bike. they look like they will break sooner or later.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Haha... (OT)

I instantly thought of the Whitesnake song "Cheap an' Nasty" The lyrics are below... Actually, they kinda apply to the Streetfighter...

Cheap An' Nasty

(coverdale/vandenberg)

Come on baby...

I get so confused,
But, my heart knows you’re one of a kind
Leather an’ lace, an angels face,
Riding on a one track mind
You’re fully loaded with cruise control,
My four wheels rock with your back seat roll

You’re cheap an’ nasty,
All you wanna do is give it up, give it up
Cheap an’ nasty,
Come on an’ do the dirty with me

I get so excited, babe, when I’m invited
To ride in your limousine,
You drive it every day, burn it every night,
I wonder how you keep it so clean
Smooth accelerator, you get me so loose,
You keep your motor running till I run out of juice

You’re cheap an’ nasty,
Cheap an’ nasty,

Cheap an’ nasty

I never knew it could be this way
An’ I never thought I’d ever complain,
But, gimme a second just to catch my breath
Babe, before you do it again

All the boys call your name
Down the wishing well,
Baby, when you go
You’re like a cat out of hell

You’re cheap an’ nasty,
Cheap an’ nasty,
Cheap an’ nasty,
Cheap an’ nasty,

Come on an’ do the dirty,
Come on an’ do the dirty,
Come on an’ do the dirty with me...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I hate the rear hugger and took it off. It could not look much cheaper. I really don't like any of the black plastic on the bike, it's cheap looking and has no place on a $19,000 bike.

I also despise the heat shield. It's annodized but looks like cheap plastic. Needs something bad...probably carbon.

The license plate assembly isn't too hot either, but it's not too bad I guess seeing as there are laws Duc has to abide by on this.

I put the DP relocator, DP signals front and rear, annodized the rad heat guards, handlebars, shift linkage, footpegs, and some other nicknacks black. Opened up the clutch with a black Speedymoto cover, gold STM pressure plate. Powder coated my stock springs black so I can keep a light clutch feel. DP gold slave is on the way. As are BST wheels, full Termi's, and loads of carbon.

I also removed the steering damper, had the mount machined off the handlebar risers and painted the risers and HB clamp. I don't feel like this bike needs a damper, it steers nicer without it, and I didn't like the finish of the HB clamp and riser. So I painted them a semi-gloss, metallic black.

With the above, full Termi's, and the carbon to replace the black plastic, the bike finally won't look plasticy. Hopefully.

And that's what I think looks nasty and cheap on the SF, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow! post a pic of that bad-boy!
:eek:
Oh, I forgot to mention that I don't like the black plastic above the headlight too (where it says Ducati). So I'm having that painted to match the metallic black on the bike.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow! post a pic of that bad-boy!
:eek:
Yeah I will soon. But it's sorta piece-mealed right now. I don't have all the carbon or the pipes, so it's not really complete looking. I'm bolting it up tonight and tomorrow though, so I'll take some pics of what I have so far.

One more thing...I put Rizoma mirrors (not bar ends because I split lanes a lot) and have 999 reservoirs coming. They're nice and flat and I don't care for Rizoma's.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
"like a mistress with a nice rack and ass but annoying laugh that you wouldn't take home to your mother" .. Somebody here wrote that.. I like it.. cheap and nasty.... to bad it's not so cheap

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts