Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 1098 (its freakin awesome!) but it sucks for long rides. I was looking into getting a multistrada but i dont want to spend a ton of cash on it. I was hoping to maybe get one for around $6k. Does anyone know anybody selling one for around this price? am i just delusional thinking i could get one for this price?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Too bad you aren't on the east coast. I've seen 2 2006 620's for around $6K asking, maybe even a bit less in the past few weeks. Too bad I'm not looking for a 620.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
www.motoconnection.com has a salvage 1000 for cheap. It doesn't look bad but I don't know what would be involved in getting it registered. They are a reputable company. A buddy of mine bought a Buell from them. It was as advertised.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Have you thought about an ST2? They are great tourers and can be had for around $4 - 6000 with the stock hard luggage panniers. A buddy of mine bought one for $4500 a few months ago, a 2001 ST2 with heli-bars, low miles and in excellent condition. He has put a couple of thousand care free miles since then. I bought mine for $6000 with 2300 miles and have loved it for a year now and 5000 additional trouble free miles (though the 6K service was not cheap, but that is true for all Ducatis.) Down in SoCal you may even find an ST3 or ST4 for that $$.

Edit:
Not that there is anything wrong with Multis! On the contrary, I was looking for one when I found my ST and knew it would be more affordable.

·
Registered
345 Posts
DrGonzo said:
how are the STs for passenger comfort?
Y'know what? they are great, or so my SO says. I originally had the stock seat, no complaints, switched to a Sargent... very happy passenger. The ST's are lower than the Multis, which, IMHO makes passengers feel more comfortable. Me and my GF have racked up the majority of the miles on my ST2 and she is very satisfied...I think the only way to make her happier would be to go to a full on tourer, something I am not ready to do, and, coincidentaly, Ducati does not make.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Out out, this the Multistrada forum don't try pushing people to an ST...just kidding both are fine bikes.

Good point about the lower seat height. My wife really liked the passenger seat on the Multistrada but her only other point of reference was my old RZ350 and 900SS.

·
Registered
345 Posts
vduc said:
Out out, this the Multistrada forum don't try pushing people to an ST...just kidding both are fine bikes.

Good point about the lower seat height. My wife really liked the passenger seat on the Multistrada but her only other point of reference was my old RZ350 and 900SS.
The exact point of my edit. Just trying to keep in the Ducati family. The ST has been around for longer and is cheaper.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Being the moderator on this forum I've got to look like I'm doing something every once in a while :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just got lucky IMO.

I bought a black 2005 Multi 1000 with 1200 miles for $7600. They wanted $8895 but were getting in new stock and needed room. Perfect addition to my other bike and matching colors.

Anyone else think its a good deal? It is in almost mint condition with only 2 minor scratches.

New to the forum too BTW after lurking for a week. Greetings everyone!

·
Registered
345 Posts
EviLgrin said:
I just got lucky IMO.

I bought a black 2005 Multi 1000 with 1200 miles for $7600. They wanted $8895 but were getting in new stock and needed room. Perfect addition to my other bike and matching colors.

Anyone else think its a good deal? It is in almost mint condition with only 2 minor scratches.

New to the forum too BTW after lurking for a week. Greetings everyone!
Hell yes!

·
Registered
39 Posts
st2brooke said:
Y'know what? they are great, or so my SO says. I originally had the stock seat, no complaints, switched to a Sargent... very happy passenger. The ST's are lower than the Multis, which, IMHO makes passengers feel more comfortable. Me and my GF have racked up the majority of the miles on my ST2 and she is very satisfied...I think the only way to make her happier would be to go to a full on tourer, something I am not ready to do, and, coincidentaly, Ducati does not make.
I can't say for the passenger, but for the rider the Multi is more comfortable than the ST. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a better sportbike too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
EviLgrin said:

Yes, awesome deal, BTW. Congrats! You did very well.

Check with your dealer, does it need the valve guide recall? You will need the VIN #.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought my 620 dark 4500 miles for $5500 this spring. Coming from a Honda 1000rr I can say that while it's not near as quick, with the comfort differences I have no regrets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts