1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
169 Posts
Aarrggg.... that would make the perfect trackday/BEARS bike ....damn bad timing... need to offload some trackday bikes first ...anyone for a 2005 R1 or 2003 MV Agusta F4B :abduct:

Sigh ... guess I won't adding ducati #8 to the garage .... yet ....

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
For an insurance company to write off a $100k bike, I shudder to think how much it would cost to repair them.

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,396 Posts
Ah Hell Stu, buy both, you should be able to get one decent bike out of the two of them and end up with some spares. C'mon you know you want to!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jane

You know me too well ;-) - interesting that it seems to have most parts with them too so it could be a calculated punt and you'd probably pull together 1 decent bike out of them with a track toy left after

But I'd say they'd still want 40-50k each as a reserve and I dont think my credit cards could handle that.

Insurance companies write them off for vaious reasons with OEM pricing being a big factor but there are also a couple of things that contribute to it

1) if the swingarm has a scratch they usually cost up to replace in lieu of painting which blows the costs out
2) being less than 1 year I'd suuggest they had a full replacement policy in place too so now the insurance company will be trying to get back as much as they can for them

Even though I love a challenge I think I'd be biting off too much for these - but then again it would make a great Turismo bike - just need to contact Ventura for a racking system

Stu

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think you will find that many of the parts can be replaced with Hyosung parts although in some cases you may need to use a little force to get them to fit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The pictures show that both will need the front wheel replaced. I seem to recall a review of the bike saying that the wheels for these things retailed at USD10,000. The auction buy price would definitely only be the downpayment.

Of course, I'm sure you'd barely notice the difference if you went with Wobbly's suggestion and just replaced with stock Hyosung parts :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Make a pretty good motor for a hill climb open wheeler.. or a litre sprint car..

Friend with a hill climber has a gsx1100 tricked out to 1400cc that puts out close to 200 ponies.. these motors get that stock.. and probably would cost similar.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was wondering how many of these came to Australia??
2 down and I would think less than 10 landed????

·
Registered
989 Posts
I was wondering how many of these came to Australia??
2 down and I would think less than 10 landed????

Got the impression there were many more than that landed.. and there are quite a few sitting unsold..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACEFACE-S.P.F View Post
last i heard there are 1 or 2 brand new ones still in the crates in australia unsold due to buyers pulling out

OZ
i hear that figure was more like 20+ ...

Clutch.
Oz is closer to the mark.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts