Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah I have a couple of CF parts on my bike that are relatively cheap and pretty good quality.

Crown Moto USA
http://www.crownmotousa.com

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
Stay away from Bestem!!! It goes without saying... you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Stay away from Bestem!!! It goes without saying... you get what you pay for!
hey bestem is good cheap carbon fiber parts, I got my swingarm cover from them and it works and looks great. the title wasn't quality carbon fiber parts it was Cheap carbon fiber parts. I've bought cheap and expensive C.F. and it all seems to need minor fitment. Another good spot for cheap C.F. is ebay.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Tekarbon. You can even get it via amazon.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
hey bestem is good cheap carbon fiber parts, I got my swingarm cover from them and it works and looks great. the title wasn't quality carbon fiber parts it was Cheap carbon fiber parts. I've bought cheap and expensive C.F. and it all seems to need minor fitment. Another good spot for cheap C.F. is ebay.
You are correct however I had bought their sproket cover and it was defective. Had them send another one and same problem.

Tekarbon. You can even get it via amazon.
Have their rear hugger/chain cover and love it. A little fidgeting needed but for the price and finish, worth it.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
tekarbon is not bad for cheapies..but bestem is garbage and customer service with them is toilet water! you get what you pay for magical racing and opp racing are the best along with aviocompositi and carbondry

·
Registered
757 Posts
you get what you pay for magical racing and opp racing are the best along with aviocompositi and carbondry
just need to sell your kidney. :D they are substantially more than tekarbon which i have to admit needed some minor mods like re-sizing of the mounting hole.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I just picked up a hugger from the Post Office. Got it from East Carbon off of ebay for a whopping $17.11 + shipping, so under $50 total. Looks fine to me, but I haven't tried to mount it yet. I have no idea if it's "real" CF or not, don't care. I was actually looking for a plastic one but it seems the only kind to be found is CF.

I may paint it if it looks to out of place on my black 796... but I'm guessing once it's dirty it'll blend right in.

Carbon fiber Rear Hugger for Ducati Hypermotard 1100 / 1100 S 2007 - 2008 | eBay

·
Registered
757 Posts
Please post if it works. I may just get one. So friggin' cheap. Does it feel like real carbon? Will that fit on a 796?

I just picked up a hugger from the Post Office. Got it from East Carbon off of ebay for a whopping $17.11 + shipping, so under $50 total. Looks fine to me, but I haven't tried to mount it yet. I have no idea if it's "real" CF or not, don't care. I was actually looking for a plastic one but it seems the only kind to be found is CF.

I may paint it if it looks to out of place on my black 796... but I'm guessing once it's dirty it'll blend right in.

Carbon fiber Rear Hugger for Ducati Hypermotard 1100 / 1100 S 2007 - 2008 | eBay

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

Please post if it works. I may just get one. So friggin' cheap. Does it feel like real carbon? Will that fit on a 796?
Looks like real carbon to me, it is black though the whole thickness anyway. I had to ream out some of the mounting holes to get it to fit and the dust looked just like graphite.

I'm happy with it. If it had cost $200 I'd be pissed the mounting holes didn't line up, but for $17, come on.

The original mounting bolts can't be used - the holes in the hugger aren't big enough for the shoulders on them. And the holes in the hugger didn't line up with the holes in the swingarm, I had to ream out the middle hole in the central part (large enough for the stock bolt to fit actually) and the other two reamed out a little less to make it work.

But other then that, works fine. We'll see how it holds up but so far so good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts