Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Harbor Freight, for those who are unfamiliar with, is a discount tool store (the place you buy tools from you'll use one time) has bike stands they sell for $40 that have adjustable arms to fit just about any bike. I bought one and my bikes been sitting on it for well over a month now and it works just fine for working on it. Anyone wanting some stands to work on their bike but doesnt want to shell out $150 for a pitbull, I highly recommend this. They also sell a front stand adapter with 2 fingers on them to fit just about any bike for $10. You can get a pair of these for half the price of just one pitbull stand, it's a hell of a deal. Definatly one of those purchases I felt damn good about doing.

If they dont have a location near you im sure you can order it off their website. Not sure if they ship international, but if someone international wants one or a set, let me know and i'll charge you $5 for my time and cost+shipping and mail you one or a set, whichever you may want. I dont know what kind of demand there is for good cheap stands in other countries, but just thought I would lend a hand if someone was interested.

Cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
I live about 20 minutes from their headquarters. I have two of the black stands they sell, pretty happy with them considering the cost. Some of the knobs to adjust the paddles have questionable quality but I suppose its replaceable easy enough.

I also have the front fork adaptors, they fit...ok... but on one occasion a fork leg slipped out of one side. Luckily I was there to brace it and had a couple pieces of wood under the kickstand or else things would have got ugly...

They have another stand too
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=99701
I haven't seen it assembled but it looks nice on the package. The problem is you need the paddle adaptors too which are sold separately.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I live about 20 minutes from their headquarters. I have two of the black stands they sell, pretty happy with them considering the cost. Some of the knobs to adjust the paddles have questionable quality but I suppose its replaceable easy enough.

I also have the front fork adaptors, they fit...ok... but on one occasion a fork leg slipped out of one side. Luckily I was there to brace it and had a couple pieces of wood under the kickstand or else things would have got ugly...

I haven't seen it assembled but it looks nice on the package. The problem is you need the paddle adaptors too which are sold separately.
Snagged! thanks! I have spools, so no problem! I'll report back after the holidays.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yeah I considered getting that one instead, but I haven't gotten my swingarm off yet to mount up a set of spools so i'll just stick with this for the time being.

I also grabbed one of each of those spools they sold, plan to use the 10mm set on my swingarm, and the 8mm fit perfect on my bar ends. Pretty easy to tell they dont really belong there cause of the shape but they're functional until i get around to having $40 for other bar ends.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
OK, I'm back from Sweden and my stand was waiting for me. I assembled it and found that the distance from the wheel axle to the bottom of the spool tang, where the spool on the swing arm sits, is different on each side, by about an 1/8" or so. So, I go to use it and it seems to work ok. The Harris Performance spools on my swing arm hit the support on one side so the spool tang isn't actually doing much on that side. It seems sturdy enough and much better than the old stand I had. It came with nice SS hardware and locknuts. It is not precision made.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Stands

I wouldnt hang my DUc off of ANY Stand from Harbor Freight!!!
I do use the Stands from T-Rex..and they are pretty good.
But the Pit Bull Stands are pricey for a reason...they WORK and they are BEEFY!!!
Overpriced ???MAybe..
But you c ant deny that they support the bike.
MIke S

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I wouldnt hang my DUc off of ANY Stand from Harbor Freight!!!
I do use the Stands from T-Rex..and they are pretty good.
But the Pit Bull Stands are pricey for a reason...they WORK and they are BEEFY!!!
Overpriced ???MAybe..
But you c ant deny that they support the bike.
MIke S
Oh, this stand is plenty strong. It supports the bike just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts