Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We drove up to Bella Vista Thursday night for the holiday weekend. I still had some work to do on Friday. I got things taken care of for work and got a late start. My plan was to run up and down the Pig Trail, Arkansas Highway 23. Initially I had planned on running down to Fayetteville and taking Highway 16 down to 23, but I changed my mind and took Highway 12 out of Rodgers.

The route I took

Some pictures:
Abandonded gas station

Abandonded gas station

At the scenic overlook

At Turner's Bend

The northern end of the Pig Trail

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Any more photos? For those of us who have never heard of the Pig Trail.
Too busy riding.

I have a video from the start of the pig trail down to the Valero station. I'll get it cut up and posted.

I really enjoyed the ride. I'll probably do it and 123 in July when I'm back up here.

update
I didnt really mention lodging. I have family in Bella Vista so it's a no brainer for me. For other less fortunate people there are plenty of places to stay. On the North end of 23 is Eureka Springs. Lots of great places to stay, some good resturants and beautiful scenery. fayetteville, Springdale, Rodgers and Bentonville all have hotels and good resturants.
On the Southern end of the Pig Trail are more hotels. Not sure about the food, but I'm sure there is something. My friends tend to stay in Clarksville which positions you well to also hit Highway 123 which is supposed to be another great road that I plan to visit soon.

update again
Finally found time to edit the video:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RidePics.net was taking pictures on a 'turn' of Hwy 23. They got me going both directions. Didn't know they were there on the way South, but I was ready for the on the way back up :D

South bound and down:

And the shocking trip home:

And yes: I tucked my jeans in to my boots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts