Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done some searching but if someone could spell out the troubleshooting procedure i would appreciate it. My battery has been losing it's charge. I took it off the tender before a 50 mile ride yesterday. it manged to restart at the gas station but not again. It was down to 11.35 v when i got home. Anyway, put a meter on the terminals while reving it up to 4000 rpm+/- this morning and only saw 12.3v so it looks like the alternator/stator or the regulator. What is the best way to determine what i need. Also, advice on where to purchase is also welcome. Thanks, George M.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
regulator

Got it. i hope that is it. Apparently the stator is tough to come by ofr 91-93 SS's.
How do i determine if my issue is with the stator/alternator or the regulator/rectifier?
If i need a stator does anyone know where i can get one?

·
Registered
662 Posts
...How do i determine if my issue is with the stator/alternator or the regulator/rectifier?
Disconnect the two yellow leads from the stator to the regulator. Fire up the bike, measure the AC (not DC) voltage between the two yellow wires coming from the stator. Look for something near 60V AC at 4000 rpm and you are OK. Odds are, it's the reg and not the stator especially if you still have the stock reg in the bike. Electrosport have a trouble shooting guide on their website although it is quite a handfull to follow through.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
regulator?

Thanks much. I will give that a shot and hope everything points towards the regulator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts