Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Charging Battery on 749/ 999

4502 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  tarochan
Is the battery on a 749 positve grounded or negative grounded? Kinda new to the whole battery charging thing. Just got a BatteryMINDer and want to give it a try.

The instructions also say to put the other clamp on the engine block or the frame- which is the safest?

Thanks!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
red_ryder said:
You know I've never needed a tender until recently...not really weather related, since I'm up in the Bay Area too. More like Migz said, lack of time. Oh and also stupidity. I only just recently discovered that leaving the kill switch on drains the battery- haha!

Thanks for the info amullo!

Leaving the kill switch on as in, if it were in the on position the bike would start or on as in up and the bike wont start. I'm confused about this.

I never had any problem with batteries until i got a ducati all my jap. bike were fine. I have a yuasa battery tender and it doesnt even keep it charged above 11.9

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.