Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have scoured the search function looking for an answer when dealing with the tires for my SF848... I am just about done with my first set of tires and I am looking to put something other then the 180/60 Pirellis... I am a fan of the Michelin tires and I am looking getting 2ct's, but I saw on the long term review from motorcyclenewsdotcom that if I get 55's that it will screw with the DTC? has anyone tired/done this?

Just curious...

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've got about 1500 miles on a 180/55 Rosso II that replaced the oem 180/60 Rosso Corsa........no noticeable effect on the function of the DTC.

It will flash going over railroad crossings at speed, but it did that from day one so it's not the tires. I had the DTC on 5 for a while but turned it down to 3 about halfway through the original tires 2600 mile life.

The thing I noticed about the 55 aspect tire was that the bikes willingness to drop in is reduced more than I expected, I really liked the oem 60's response and may go back to the Rosso Corsa if nobody comes out with another180/60 option (and I'm not holding my breath :()

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got about 1500 miles on a 180/55 Rosso II that replaced the oem 180/60 Rosso Corsa........no noticeable effect on the function of the DTC.

It will flash going over railroad crossings at speed, but it did that from day one so it's not the tires. I had the DTC on 5 for a while but turned it down to 3 about halfway through the original tires 2600 mile life.

The thing I noticed about the 55 aspect tire was that the bikes willingness to drop in is reduced more than I expected, I really liked the oem 60's response and may go back to the Rosso Corsa if nobody comes out with another180/60 option (and I'm not holding my breath :()
I am riding with the DTC at 3, but I nearly had a wipe out when I meet tire retread at 70 and the DTC saved my ass. I was only going to get the 2cts if I could keep my DTC where its at. If you didnt notice anything I am definitely going for it. I really like the grip and reaction for the 60's but I commute on my bike about as much as I carve on it, so they have flattened to much to fast for my liking so I think I will take the chance and hope its not to back of a difference.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts

Why not bring the rear back to original height using the ride height adjuster?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Why not bring the rear back to original height using the ride height adjuster?
I set the suspension after mounting the 55-aspect tire, the difference is from the 55 being a "flatter" tire than the oem 60.

I've changed tire sizes many many times on other bikes, swapping between 180's and 190's, and 50 and 55 series and didn't have the same impact on turn-in as this last size change on the SF......goes to show Ducati did it for a reason, although it sucks being locked into one tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts