Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just went through the annual drill of swapping out the bike that gets to be on display inside the house and wanted to share some pics. This has been a tradition at our vacation house ever since I took a couple of foreign assignments and I wanted to be closer to my bike(s) whenever I made it home. While initially it took some effort to convince the wife, it is now part of a tradition and actually a great conversation starter whenever we have people over. With 4 bikes on hand I usually run 2 of them every season. Of the 2 that are not used, one goes through major maintenance in the shop and the other one gets to be inside the house for a year. Next year the 1198R will be used on the street and the 998 Final Edition went inside the house, a swap I performed earlier today.
Please share some of your pics of Ducati artwork inside the house :)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Furniture Picture frame Couch Wood Chair

Plant Sky Wheel Tire Building

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Sky

·
Registered
918 Posts
This is so freakin cool! I've been toying with the idea of doing the same as you. I have 3 Ducatis, one of them being a 2002 748s with a rare color scheme that I am considering displaying in my home like you. I just spent a small fortune having the paint restored back to the original matte finish so I dont want to risk damaging it. The bike will likely only get occasional use. My humble home isnt as spacious as yours but I got a nice little nook in the living room that would fit the bike perfectly. When I finally finish restoring the 748s I will be moving it there.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is so freakin cool! I've been toying with the idea of doing the same as you. I have 3 Ducatis, one of them being a 2002 748s with a rare color scheme that I am considering displaying in my home like you. I just spent a small fortune having the paint restored back to the original matte finish so I dont want to risk damaging it. The bike will likely only get occasional use. My humble home isnt as spacious as yours but I got a nice little nook in the living room that would fit the bike perfectly. When I finally finish restoring the 748s I will be moving it there.
Do it ! You only get to live once.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Rumor has it a neurosurgeon in salt lake city bought a new superleggera V4 last summer had it uncrated, washed, never filled any fluids & mounted it in his office?

Again this was a rumor floating around.
I've actually seen a dragster hanging off the wall in Connie Kaletta's Jackson hole house 8 or so years ago.

Reactions: nenad87s

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Im home alone and got all jacked up about pulling a bike from the garage to do exactly this! I ran outside but when the door opened I realized I cant bring myself to have any of them on display! I need to be able to gear up, hit the starter , and go dancing.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im home alone and got all jacked up about pulling a bike from the garage to do exactly this! I ran outside but when the door opened I realized I cant bring myself to have any of them on display! I need to be able to gear up, hit the starter , and go dancing.
Our riding season is short (Central Oregon), with snow and ice on the road during winter. Even in Summer we see temperatures drop by 30 degrees after the sun goes down, so having 2 bikes available is more than enough in an environment like that. I usually bundle one of my performance bikes (1198R or MV 312R) with a 'touring' one (999S or 998FE)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Rumor has it a neurosurgeon in salt lake city bought a new superleggera V4 last summer had it uncrated, washed, never filled any fluids & mounted it in his office?
That, IMO, is an obscene waste of money.

"So....Doc, I hear you have the top tier Ducati superbike. What's it like, man? Tell me all about it"!!!!

"I can only tell you that it looks good, I've never ridden it".

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That, IMO, is an obscene waste of money.

"So....Doc, I hear you have the top tier Ducati superbike. What's it like, man? Tell me all about it"!!!!

"I can only tell you that it looks good, I've never ridden it".
Exactly. That's kind of the story behind my 1198, which was owned by a doctor in Miami. Picked it up with some really low miles though :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Exactly. That's kind of the story behind my 1198, which was owned by a doctor in Miami. Picked it up with some really low miles though :)
It's a free country and if that's what the guy wants to do...have at it. But, to me it's like marrying Christie Brinkley and sleeping in separate bedrooms because you want her to stay the same as she was on the wedding day.

Um....NO.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Wow. Goals. each and every one of you.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Ha! I have the same poster of Maoggi with the cigarette on the entry to my garage. It's the quintessential Italian motorcycle racing photo. I was a bit disappointed some years ago when someone pointed out the cigarette was added in to the photo, but have never heard whether it was originally edited out and added back in.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts