Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tried this? This came from the Ducati Spot list:

You dont need to take the air tube off or take the cap off. Just the side panels off.
Loosen the cap, take the drain plug out of the water pump, drain.

To refill, buy a one gallon weed spray tank, fill with 1/2 gallon of 50/50. Take the wand off, there should be an O ring on the end of the sprayer trigger that fits just right in the drain hole. Pump up your tank and fill your sys from the bottom up. Stop when fluid starts to come out the cap.
All the air was pushed out the top. If you want to tighten the cap before removing the sprayer, the vacuum will keep much 50/50 from leaking out.
I siphon out the overflow tank, and what is left over in the sprayer is just right to fill it 1/2 way.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Bill,

I'll bet that will work ery well. Should save a lot of wasted time "burping" hoses.

I refill my clutch and brake fluid "from the bottom up" using a dental syringe. Fast and effective.

Jeff in Colorado

·
7,733 Posts
I wonder how the coolant wil pump past the thermostat?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well guy I did the long way, but I change the coolant because my Bike got tendency of heating up so fast in traffic it tempt at 200 to 210 degree at time
but after coolant change I still have the same issue
does anyone have any suggestion please

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
Well guy I did the long way, but I change the coolant because my Bike got tendency of heating up so fast in traffic it tempt at 200 to 210 degree at time
but after coolant change I still have the same issue
does anyone have any suggestion please
See any of the various threads on coolant temp. Those temps are a non-issue that can be controlled with a simple manual fan switch.

Have a good one.

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
That would be my concern.
Regardless, it really isn't that difficult to do it the other way. I believe that with this new method, you would still have trapped air in the heads that would get burped out on the first ride.

Have a good one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts