Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to pull the Ohlins fork caps off the top of the 1098 forks and I was wondering how to do it with out having to buy the $90 Ohlins socket? Anyone have ideas?....or selling the Ohlins socket?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I need to pull the Ohlins fork caps off the top of the 1098 forks and I was wondering how to do it with out having to buy the $90 Ohlins socket? Anyone have ideas?....or selling the Ohlins socket?
lol, was going to post up the same thing... and how to adjust the preload without scratching the anodization all to hell. :think:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, was going to post up the same thing... and how to adjust the preload without scratching the anodization all to hell. :think:

Just wrap electical tape around the preload nut.......I want to swtich out the springs and fix a leaky seal, but hate to waste $90 bucks! I guess I'll have to spen the money:(!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.