Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to pull the Ohlins fork caps off the top of the 1098 forks and I was wondering how to do it with out having to buy the $90 Ohlins socket? Anyone have ideas?....or selling the Ohlins socket?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'll trade you my Marzocchi GT1000 shocks plus $50 for your 1098 Ohlins. And I will enter you in the beer of the month club for life.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I need to pull the Ohlins fork caps off the top of the 1098 forks and I was wondering how to do it with out having to buy the $90 Ohlins socket? Anyone have ideas?....or selling the Ohlins socket?
lol, was going to post up the same thing... and how to adjust the preload without scratching the anodization all to hell. :think:

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
............... how to adjust the preload without scratching the anodization all to hell. :think:
Use the Ohlins aluminum wrench... it spares the anodizing.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, was going to post up the same thing... and how to adjust the preload without scratching the anodization all to hell. :think:

Just wrap electical tape around the preload nut.......I want to swtich out the springs and fix a leaky seal, but hate to waste $90 bucks! I guess I'll have to spen the money:(!!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Just wrap electical tape around the preload nut.......I want to swtich out the springs and fix a leaky seal, but hate to waste $90 bucks! I guess I'll have to spen the money:(!!
I was thinking that, but figured there was a better way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts