Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After living with the rear brake squeal at low speed for my complete 3 year ownership, I finally had enough and changed the original pads for EBC F266 organic ones and tadahh no more squeal:)

On the upside the rear brake also feels like it has bite and actually works. I even felt the ABS activate on the rear for the first time on the weekend :eek:. Well it was raining but hey previously the rear brake would not have had enough power to lock up anyway...

·
Destinations are optional
576 Posts
My ST3 came with the standard-issue rear brake squeal, and the switch to EBC HH pads also got rid of the squeal and added some extra bite. But I have to say that for all the comments I've heard about ineffective rear brakes on virtually every model Ducati, my rear brake has always been capable of locking up the wheel, even with the stock pads :confused:

·
Registered
560 Posts
I too have a good rear brake on my st, also used the ebc HH pads, however, they do eat rotors at least more than a stock pad

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't have any complaints with the stock pads, concerning either performance or noise. And I certainly haven't noticed any weakness in the rear brake, right after I brought it traffic was backed up onto the freeway from an exit ramp ahead (accident at the intersection off the freeway) and I was carrying a bit too much speed, hit the brakes and locked up the back -- way too easily. Since then I've shown it more respect. ;)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still have original front pads. No complaints apart from a slightly warped rotor ;-(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts