Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
time has come to replace original chain and sprockets ( no problem with chain and sprockets, just preventive maintenance ) on my 2000 St2 (18000 miles on ODO),
I am thinking to replace the sealed chain with the kind with removable clip to make it easy to remove/service the chain and replace tires etc,
any thoughts on that?

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
?? You can remove/install the chain while it is still joined. All you need to do is loosen the slave, hugger, and rearset. You don't need to remove the chain to pull the tire, just move it over and rest it on the swing arm.

I know folks have a good experiences with clip type master links, but why bother when the ST is set the way it is.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Im a big fan of the rivet types, that being said i raced for several seasons on clip type, with black silicone over the clip and never lost one. I just figure making it a permanent connection is one less thing ill have to worry about when im 600 miles from home.

Rivet tools can be had relatively cheaply these days and most shops will rivet a chain for $15.

I just replaced mine last week, with Supersprox "kit'. I plan on testing their warranty claim of lifetime.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Everything with Supersprox looks good except this part:

Fitting and Safety Notice

When fitting your Supersprox KIT, you should consult the owner's manual for technical and safety instructions. Chain and sprocket kits should only be fitted by trained mechanics, with specific knowledge about the correct installation of drive train components. Products fitted incorrectly could fail in use, causing severe injury or death. These products are designed to operate under normal conditions and with regular maintenance. Failure to maintain your drive train components will significantly reduce the life of the parts and could cause failure in some circumstances.

Will you have to produce proof it was "fitted by trained mechanics"??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts