Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Volar Chain's,have you ever heard or even ran or run this chain.I'm doing my research and came across Volar,they got the chain for my Duc and they look great ,there roller chains in various colors.I'm thinking D.I.D,thanks guys.:think:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Can't go wrong with the D.I.D.

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
If you do an internet search you'll find reports of questionable steel quality and early failures of Volar chains. There's really not a lot of published information on this product so I'd be wary.

If a failed chain simply spit straight off the rear of the bike every time then, I guess, no big deal. However, often when a chain breaks, the financial consequences can include penetration of the engine casing, bending the transmission output shaft, damage to the clutch slave and clutch push rod, the shifting spindle, rear wheel hugger, and the left exhaust can. It's been said that the chain wedges between the drive sprocket and the engine casing so as to stop the engine so fast it can bend the crank. From a rider safety point-of-view, a chain failure, when it causes rear wheel lock-up, especially when leaned over in a corner, can be quite upsetting.

So, a question to ask when deciding to make any modification to the original design is "Does the change affect my personal safety or is it just a financial consideration?" Further, does the change give performance gains or weight saving at the sacrifice of your personal safety?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts