Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've been on the UK forum and have decided every post in this thread is wrong, including mine. Automatic chain oilers are the ONLY way to go
:D

·
Registered
934 Posts
....this is almost like an oil thread 😂
The topic may have been beaten over the head a few times over. We should now consider discussing something else where people all agree like best tires and pizza.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Agreed. So ... has anyobe had a go at making a coca cola cake? 😁
1 litre bottle of coke plus 400gms of self raising flour and 80gms of cocoa powder. Mix it all up and put in a lined baking tin and cook at gas mark 4 for about 30mins ... magnifico! The grandkids love it!! 🤪👍

·
Sophomore Member
2,784 Posts
The topic may have been beaten over the head a few times over. We should now consider discussing something else where people all agree like best tires and pizza.
I like Michelin Power RS on my Patsy’s.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,061 Posts
I like Michelin Power RS on my Patsy’s.
Remember that strange wear pattern you were getting on those at Little Tally? A little while back I saw something about that somewhere. I can’t remember details but they said that it was pressure related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Sophomore Member
2,784 Posts
Remember that strange wear pattern you were getting on those at Little Tally? A little while back I saw something about that somewhere. I can’t remember details but they said that it was pressure related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, I had that happen every time I ran an RS at Little Tally. I kept getting a divot in the profile at the compound seam. I don't remember what my dP was for cold vs. hot, but it wasn't abnormally high. I didn't experience this phenomenon at Barber, but the track surface is much less abrasive and ambient temperatures were much cooler (50-60F vs 80-95F). I'm guessing I was overworking/overheating the tire at Little Tally given the amount of grip and temperature. Things were great until ambient temps got to about ~92F and then the track, the tires, or both got greasy. I probably should have put a little more air pressure in the tire. A lot easier to make that call right now at home instead of after coming off another sweltering session.

This is a tire I ran at Little Tally for two days (flipped after first day). Look at the profile relative to the fender and you will notice the substantial profile change.

·
Sophomore Member
2,784 Posts
Ah, if it's a local, nothing beats a local for quality. Price is irrelevant. Most pizza franchises are just garbage.
Patsy's is one of NYC's notable pizzas. Its not necessarily one of the most famous, but its a staple to the locals.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Way back in the 70's I was in tech school. Many of the instructors had bikes and rode them to school regularly. There was this French instructor who bought a new cb750. He was at one of the other guy's house and they were drinking and working on their bikes. The French guy was cleaning his chain with the engine running in gear on the center stand. Yep. that 750 never slowed down when he ran his first two fingers through the rear sprocket. It took off the fingers and broke his wrist. This is what not to do.
Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought my first Multistrada. Been riding a Harley belt drive for many years. You guys are scaring me with all this chain maintenance lol.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just bought my first Multistrada. Been riding a Harley belt drive for many years. You guys are scaring me with all this chain maintenance lol.
Don't sweat it. I lube my chain when I get around to it, and I clean it only when I can’t stand to look at it And have nothing better to do. And I seem to get the same mileage out of my chain as the obsessive folks do so there you go.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Where's the self-respect?

81 - 100 of 100 Posts