Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed my chain and sprockets. I got 38,000 km (23,612 miles) out of them. How does that compare to most ? I have a 2006 ST3S.

·
Registered
99' 996
381 Posts
I dont think there is a "comparable" on something like this. All depends on riding style, climate, what kind of weather you ride in, how well you maintain the chain, and what grade chain was put on. But 38K seems like a pretty respectable number. I have never let one go that long.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Personnal record is 53k on a 1098 sf (oiled with wd40 all its life, had to say it 😅)

But it was all premium components (EK 3d and supersprox).

Made less than 30k on the oem setup.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Personnal record is 53k on a 1098 sf (oiled with wd40 all its life, had to say it 😅)

But it was all premium components (EK 3d and supersprox).

Made less than 30k on the oem setup.
Surprising since WD40 will work its way past the orings. I've achieved 30,000 miles. A friend who rides a Honda Hawk GT has done 50,000 miles. Like Chris_f says it's all how ya ride and maintain the chain.

·
Registered
371 Posts
EK chain, clean it before maxima chain wax & still going strong @ 32,000 miles on one of my 1100 hypers

OEM chain whoever built that thing lasted 11,000 miles & needed constant adjusting the EK only once

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I've only got about 12,000 miles on my set and it hasn't worn much. I clean with kerosene and use chain lube, it's a bit sticky, everything else flies off. If you are in a dusty environment it may not be the best choice though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts