Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yup, center stand has to come off for oil changes. Only two bolts and a spring. Not terrible, but not well thought out either.
Yeah not a big deal, but it does seem like a slight over-site.

I put my Shift Tech bellypan components on today and on the Black bike it looks really, really nice.

Anybody have any recommendations for stands for the MTS 1200s?
Got a pic? I would like to support a local (Florida) company if at all possible. I know people say it will pit, but what about that huge carbon beak sticking out in front of this machine?

I have the SW-Motech center stand. More of the same really.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
I put my Shift Tech bellypan components on today and on the Black bike it looks really, really nice. The center stand removal is so easy, I find it hard to believe anybody could even have an issue with it. About 5 mins to take it off and put it back on. I almost didn't put the stand back on. It's such a piece of shit. The Shift tech pieces fit perfect and where simple to install.

That centerstand..... I might take it back off and toss it. Even after modifying it. POS!

Anybody have any recommendations for stands for the MTS 1200s?
How can a modified center stand be a POS!?! It only has 1 function; to stand the bike up into a stable position. What do you expect it to do? Perform an automatic oil change and wash the bike for you? :confused:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I 'll post a picture as soon as I have time. It looks SUWEET!

Turbo, I did take centerstand off this morning and tossed it in the box with the other removed junk that came with the bike. I'll save it for when I sell it.. I don't need it. I liked centerstands on a few BMW's I've had but on this bike for what I do. Not necessary.
Just a personal opinion.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Got a pic? I would like to support a local (Florida) company if at all possible.

Aurelius:yeah::yeah::yeah:
You have an order coming your way. :) my birthday is this week, and I've been good. :cool:

·
Banned
935 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
+1, very easy to remove/install - and I won't put it back on. Bought myself a garage stand instead. I actually was looking forward to get a bike (the first) with a center stand - but no - a let down. Poorly designed, ugly, very visible, and drags in corners - away it went! :)

The center stand removal is so easy, I find it hard to believe anybody could even have an issue with it. About 5 mins to take it off and put it back on. I almost didn't put the stand back on. It's such a piece of shit.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah that centerstand is a POS. I figure until I get a nice stand... if I need to work on the bike I'll just put the 2 bolts in that hold the centerstand thumb tight. Forget the springs and heft it up on the stand. That would talk a whole 45 seconds for the install and about 3 seconds to remove.

Otherwise I'd TOSS IT!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
750 Posts
+1, very easy to remove/install - and I won't put it back on. Bought myself a garage stand instead. I actually was looking forward to get a bike (the first) with a center stand - but no - a let down. Poorly designed, ugly, very visible, and drags in corners - away it went! :)
Yeah that centerstand is a POS.

Otherwise I'd TOSS IT!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I will pm either of you guys my address if you want to send menyou pos center stand. :)

21 - 37 of 37 Posts