Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Just getting carbon fiber runners, doesn't help really. The stock runners are pretty light as they are. Its the combo of the larger runners and larger airbox, which makes the biggest difference. Of course, that modification is expensive ($1600 bux or so) and you probably won't see the power increase without the larger throttle bodies, corse heads (larger valves) and of course an exhaust to match.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
8,740 Posts
there are a few versions of cf runners, I don't even recall who made the ones I put on my 916, I bought them used. Just be aware there are some cheaply made replicas out there. For the air filters I installed the inside the airbox BMC filters. They cover the airbox to air runner openings securely by way of a bracket for each filter. If you go with them just make sure you position the brackets out of the way of the spring clamps that hold the air runners to the airbox. However, even if you mess that up its not a great loss because the filters do a good job allowing only filtered air in at that point. As you can see my airbox is also cf, but I don't think that matters when installing BMC filters.

Then theres the whole thing about air turbulence and filters. I heard all that, I read negative reports about the over the bellmouth filters. I liked mine, it was a good fit and the filters are easily cleaned. Even if there isn't appreciable gains by the above, the change clearly upgrades the look of the bike and you shed a little weight, especially if you go with the cf airbox also. No question I would do it again for purely cosmetic reasons.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I want to do the CF mainly for cosmetic purposes. At the moment I plan on using the stock airbox. Did the CF runners you bought mount to the airbox the same using the tabs? It appeared from your message that was the case.

Anyone recommend anywhere to buy some high quality CF runners as well as the BMC filters?

·
Premium Member
8,740 Posts
Yes, they mount the same way. I started searching all the outlets for both the cf airbox and runners. I also recall putting the word out. Your looking apparently for runners with the signal light provision. You will find them in time, they pop up here and there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts