Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Wear The Silver Badge
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their exhaust ceramic coated? Black? Grey? What did it entail? Can I just send my pipes to a ceramic guy and will he know what to do (are there any fitment issues)?

Any info, recommendations, and pics for color comparison would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
That is way steep, I was talking to a local machinist and he said something around $100. Not sure the effects or how it looks though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
$300 for ceramic coating???

I have to wonder what you will gain over using something like a $15 can of Black Satin DIY ceramic header coating http://www.techlinecoatings.com/Exhaust.htm#blacksatin

Even a $5 header paint can from your local autoparts store is a cheap alternative and you can do any color you want. As long as you prep decently it won't be coming off, though I don't know about temp reduction.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
$300 for ceramic coating???

I have to wonder what you will gain over using something like a $15 can of Black Satin DIY ceramic header coating http://www.techlinecoatings.com/Exhaust.htm#blacksatin

Even a $5 header paint can from your local autoparts store is a cheap alternative and you can do any color you want. As long as you prep decently it won't be coming off, though I don't know about temp reduction.
300 is way to much$$ had my done locally in az at a place called hpc coatings 125 for full zard in black shouldnt have any fitment problems its pretty thin just a little turning and twisting maybe some light tapping with rubber mallet.

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
As said; $300 way too much.

Had mine done locally for $140. They fit tested everything and marked where they shouldn't spray. Everything went together perfect but I also think it helped that they do work for the local Ducati dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts