Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am about to send my Termi 50mm system out to be ceramic coated and am a little hesitant to get the "Polished" finish.

Jet-Hot Extreme 1300 | Jet-Hot Ceramic Coatings

I am wondering if anyone has used the "Satin" finish on a set of pipes. If so can you post some pics? I want something that looks more like the stock termi's and less like something off of a Harley Davidson.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I think this is the polished finish.

It looked like polished aluminum. It was not as bling as polished stainless steel.

-M

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think this is the polished finish.

It looked like polished aluminum. It was not as bling as polished stainless steel.

-M
Yeah... that is the polished finish. Did you have them done at Jet-Hot? Am really having a hard time making up my mind here. Like the stock clean stainless look of the termi pipes when new and would like that same look. Am afraid that the polished finish will be too "blingy"... too much like chrome. Yours in the pic above looks good, but some of the polished finishes I have seen have a VERY reflective component which makes them appear almost chrome like.

Would love to see some additional samples from members of this forum who have had theirs done.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't have any pictures, but I think the satin would look good. Clean looking, but not overly bright.

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm curious, how much does something like this cost there ?
With shipping and handling about $400. That covers everything on the exhaust system, but you do have to break down the canisters, which involves drilling out the rivets and "popping" them apart.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
I have the satin black on my ST4s, but no pics of the exhaust per se. Nice. They were done in Seattle by another member and I bought them off him. The black is not really black, kind of a very dark chocolate, but OK over all. The satin silver lcacing has looks really smart to me. Were I to do it on my own, that would probably be at the top of the list.

Ron

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,260 Posts
I am wondering if anyone has used the "Satin" finish on a set of pipes. If so can you post some pics?
I had the pipes for my VFR800 ceramic coated inside and out in Satin Black finish at Classic Coatings in Sheboygan,Wisconsin. Total cost was $300.

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is a pic of the satin finish on my 999.
One other thing I just thought of... did you do the end caps and straps on the Termi CF "cans" in satin as well? How do they look? Any pics you can attach would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
2 Posts
RE: Ceramic Coating Motorcycle Exhaust Pipes

Am about to send my Termi 50mm system out to be ceramic coated and am a little hesitant to get the "Polished" finish.

Jet-Hot Extreme 1300 | Jet-Hot Ceramic Coatings

I am wondering if anyone has used the "Satin" finish on a set of pipes. If so can you post some pics? I want something that looks more like the stock termi's and less like something off of a Harley Davidson.
So long as your pipes dont glow red at any point, you can use either color Ceramic Coating you like. People that don't like the "Bling" tend to gravitate to the satin Ceramic Coatings. Additionally, the satin Ceramic Coatings are capable of handling higher temps... Of the "satin" Ceramics, black, TI and Mag tend to be the most popular. Bikes with any gold paint or anodizing on them look pretty cool with the gold / bronze Ceramic Coating liek teh BMW below.

CCPcoatings

·
Registered
218 Posts
One other thing I just thought of... did you do the end caps and straps on the Termi CF "cans" in satin as well? How do they look? Any pics you can attach would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Actually the exhaust is a Leo SBK titanium so no I didnt do the end caps or straps, the ceramic coating got done on the pipe only up to the can.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Resurrecting this thread as riding season got in the way last year and I never got around to sending my pipes out for ceramic coating. I have been grinding/sanding the Termi headpipes over the last couple of days and have started to wonder whether or not I want to send these off in this condition. Check it out...

These marks, which are on both of the headpipes, appear to have been made by the fixturing used while the tubes were bent. I was able to use a 240 Grit Sanding Wheel and take one section down.

My question for those of you who have had your pipes coated, if you encountered fixturing marks like these, what did you do?

·
Read Only
144 Posts
I have run into the same thing and am wondering about it to. I just used a scotch brite pad and found the same marks. I'm wondering about some dupli- color engine enamel with ceramic.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Can you buy this stuff and apply it yourself? If so where? Can't find anywhere that does this in Norway.

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can you buy this stuff and apply it yourself? If so where? Can't find anywhere that does this in Norway.
Unfortunately (or fortunately... depending on your point of view) Ceramic Coating is a process.

Jet-Hot In Action | Jet-Hot Ceramic Coatings

I think the process is affordable, especially in light of the results and warranty. Shipping would be the only issue for you. I would look for a local resource.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts