Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you in the Atlanta area, I found a good ceramic coater in Cumming, GA named Procyro. www.procryo.com
I was not pleased with the faded grey headers on the PS and noticed that the Termi cans were also discoloring. Procryo did the entire exhaust including the clamps for under $200. Quality looks very good and if you are local you will save in shipping. They also powdercoat.
Something new that I saw was a ceramic coat in a titanium finish. Very cool.
AFTER COATING

BEFORE COATING (tricolore:))

·
Registered
503 Posts
Great job....you will be happy with that.

$200 seems very reasonable too....I paid $340 Kangaroo dollars to have mine done inside only.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Discount Available

By the way, this is a family-owned business: Dan, Lynda and Jason. When I told her that I was going to post the pictures Lynda said that she would apply a discount to forum members. Just mention Jim's Ducati.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Good job....

I wish they were close to me.

I used to get my "bits" done at a local race engine builder that started doing his own pistons and exhausts because he could not find a reliable coater. He did lovely work...and quite cost effective.

He got that busy with coating that he now subbies a lot of his stuff out to someone else.....and quality has dropped and price has increased.

Guys...get your exhausts coated....they run way cooler and the finish is great.

Good work spyvito

Cheers Roger

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good job....

I wish they were close to me.

I used to get my "bits" done at a local race engine builder that started doing his own pistons and exhausts because he could not find a reliable coater. He did lovely work...and quite cost effective.

He got that busy with coating that he now subbies a lot of his stuff out to someone else.....and quality has dropped and price has increased.

Guys...get your exhausts coated....they run way cooler and the finish is great.

Good work spyvito

Cheers Roger
Got tired of the desk and took the bike out for about 25 miles. The biggest difference has to be reduction of underseat heat. In stop and go traffic I found this to be comfortable, maybe half as hot. Toasty not roasty. With a bare hand to "measure", the underseat area was only warm.

The bike ran about 10 degrees (F) cooler than usual and an annoying decel pop is now gone. I don't think this ceramic coat is snake oil.

My objective was mainly to improve the cosmetics of the exhaust system. I should have done this long ago just for the underseat heat. Roger is correct, this is a well-advised mod.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Though I'd resurrect this thread because people have been asking about this recently.
I had planned on getting this done by this company but never got around to it.
This year I will go for it.

BTW How is the coating holding up Jim?

JC

·
Registered
69 Posts
How are the aluminum end pieces and rivets taken care of on the termi cans? I've had the thought to ceramic coat my entire exhaust but the rivets and packing seem like an obstacle.

·
Registered
352 Posts
How are the aluminum end pieces and rivets taken care of on the termi cans? I've had the thought to ceramic coat my entire exhaust but the rivets and packing seem like an obstacle.
Good point. I have the same concern with my termis.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Good point. I have the same concern with my termis.
The rivets are probably drilled out and then replaced once the coating is done. You have to do the same procedure for replacing the packing.

Of course, that wouldn't preclude a good masking job, but probably would be more difficult.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts