Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
100 kph heading south on Hwy 6 beautiful day had been passed lots of times by on coming trucks then wham My new 24" Cee bailey explodes. The bottom left mounting screw came right through the hole breaking the windscreen, about 2-3 inch hole and spider cracks out about another 2 inches. The screen was in the highest position and was vibrating a little when getting passed head on, I guess the 18 wheeler was pushing so much air the mounting hole couldn't take it a little disappointed but it could of been worse I guess. Back to the stock screen for now. Anyone running the Cee Baily might want to find larger did screw heads and rubber backed washers> Should I contact Cee Baily or is it my fault?

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I have the tall Cee Bailey and it does move around quite a bit when I get into the wash of a big truck. I keep mine on the low postion, not that it would matter much. It would be worth contacting them to see what they say. They may say they have no control of how tight screws are when mounting, etc., but worth a shot!

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
they should replace or refund

sounds like you were using it normally and it failed. Do they post a maximum speed, like they do with the panniers and topcase?

·
Super Moderator
8,249 Posts
I would contact them.. The bike will do over 250kph/155mph, If their screen cant handle that plus oncoming traffic, then IMHO they shouldnt sell them. Im guessing manufacturing fault, since ive never heard of a cee bailey failing like that. Call them and ask how they want to handle it. Replacement or money back Id guess.

For the record.. Ive had my multi up to 250kph/155mph on the speedo with the stock screen with no issues at all.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Definately give them a call.
Just maybe there's a production flaw they're unaware of.
Maybe not.
Some really dirty air spills off those trucks...

I notice you didn't specify if you were in the 50, 60 or 80kph seection of southbound 6...
;)

·
i'll be here till my 85!
1,102 Posts
that is why

i went for the Vstream.. it does not shake when in buffeting circumstances... it is held with 1 screw and lies agains 2 pins in a sort of cup... it can move freely when buffted so doesn't... :)

protects just as well and as it sits lower, i's easier to look over... especially nice when it rains.. much better view...

i got a 22 baylies lying around and a 20 as well.

grtz

Koen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts