Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys suggest for carrying an extra FF helmet in route on a Monster 620? I wanted to give a friend a ride the other day, but without a way to carry the helmet over to her house I had to decline.

I'm not heading out on the highway so it doesn't need to be so secure as to withstand 70mph winds. I'm driving locally in Manhattan/Brooklyn at 35-45mph. It just needs to survive the potholes :)

Someone suggested sitting the helmet upright and then running a couple of short bungee cords through the face and down to the frame under the seat. This would probably work, but I can't be the first person with this problem. Is there another solution?

I know there are backpacks out there, but I was hoping to avoid having to buy a $75 to $100 pack (which seems to be the price range).

Thanks!

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yup, I've fit a very full backpack under it on my old bike, check it out. It's bungee so it stretches and holds it there no problem. Attach three hooks to the grab handles on each side of the seat and you're good to go.

EDIT: And for the record, if necessary, it did hold the bag there just fine at a speed that was an unmentioned amount above 100 mph....

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts