Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in an interview this weekend, Carmelo Ezpeleta said the following: "
"I am calm. Valentino will be riding a competitive bike next year, but I can't tell you what it is. It is still too early to talk about: in 2013 we will see Rossi fight for the win... again."

So, unless Carmelo received some sort of divine guarantee from Ducati that they've suddenly figured out the D16's problems but they're going to wait until next year to let everyone know (highly unlikely)... then Valentino is switching teams. Since Yamaha is clearly out... my bet is that it's a Valentino/Marquez/Pedrosa matchup at HRC next year. (You heard it here first... or maybe you heard it somewhere else but I'm claiming it anyway :D )

·
comrade moderator
26,989 Posts
Why would Yamaha be..."clearly out"? :confused:

Naw...hogwash. I don't believe there's enough sponsor money - or Dorna money - in or out of the modern MotoGP paddock to float a private Rossi team on any bike.

He ain't goin nowhere. There's my "official" prediction. FWIW. :p

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rossi will stay on a Ducati
how does it feel to be pre-wrong? :D

seriously though, Ezpeleta's comment leaves no doubt in my mind that he's going to a team where the bike is already competitive... it's pretty definite in that aspect, so it can't be Ducati because, because... LOGIC. :mad:

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ezpeleta can eat a bag of dicks...

...but, it's in his best interest to revive Valentino from the dead, so, I feel like a very defined statement like this should be taken seriously.

On top of that... i couple the recent statement from HRC director where following Stoner's retirement he was asked about Valentino returning and he said "at this point, anything is possible"... and I take this to mean...

Valentino to HRC... lets place some money on this. :D

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Coca-Cola has shown interest in Rossi on Saterlite team Honda and Yamaha does not want him

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, I'll take that bet. Lets say...dinner at next years ECM?
there's ECM next year? again?... ok, dinner at ECM next year (which is a win-win for me bc now you can't back out of coming to ECM :D ).

So, if Rossi goes to Yamaha, CAlexio pays Chuckeraser's dinner at ECM IV (2013)... if Rossi goes to Honda, Chuckeraser buys Alex dinner. IF Rossi stays at Ducati... we both eat our hats.

·
comrade moderator
26,989 Posts
So, if Rossi goes to Yamaha, CAlexio pays Chuckeraser's dinner at ECM IV (2013)... if Rossi goes to Honda, Chuckeraser buys Alex dinner. IF Rossi stays at Ducati... we both eat our hats.
:D Sounds good to me! I'll be happy to collect...or to pay up! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
1. Ezpeleta needs to remove the rookie rule to allow Marquez to go to HRC
2. Crutchlow to Ducati
3. Rossi to HRC

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
comrade moderator
26,989 Posts
1. Already done. Which means CAlexio is buying me dinner, cause Dani is staying where he is and that's it for the HRC Hondas.
2. Crutchlow is "talking to Ducati" just to bluff Yamaha. He's smarter than that. Yamaha may be as well.
3. Not a chance. Satellite works Honda? Maybe...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Rossi with factory support on a San Carlo Gresini Honda; OR Rossi on his own Yamaha (with factory parts). I'm guessing the former, in part as tribute to Simo, but mainly as a way to get back on a factory Honda without looking hat-in-hand.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I just cant help but think that Rossi would prefer a Yamaha with factory goodies. He knows the bike, and unlike last year, the Yamaha seems to be on par with the Hondas or perhaps even better (no chatter complaints from Jorge/Spies). Yamaha doesn't want him to be on the same team as Lorenzo, but would they turn away his money for a factory bike under another team banner?

Honestly though, I would absolutely LOVE for the Ducati relationship to work. It'd be pretty cool if they would scrap whatever that POS is that they have now and let Rossi rebuild it from the ground up.. Watch Rossi/Hayden fight for podiums every race on those bright red machines!

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,895 Posts
I just cant help but think that Rossi would prefer a Yamaha with factory goodies. He knows the bike, and unlike last year, the Yamaha seems to be on par with the Hondas or perhaps even better (no chatter complaints from Jorge/Spies). Yamaha doesn't want him to be on the same team as Lorenzo, but would they turn away his money for a factory bike under another team banner?

Honestly though, I would absolutely LOVE for the Ducati relationship to work. It'd be pretty cool if they would scrap whatever that POS is that they have now and let Rossi rebuild it from the ground up.. Watch Rossi/Hayden fight for podiums every race on those bright red machines!

Thought they'd already done that a few times for him.

·
9,757 Posts
I wonder how Yamaha's resurgence as class of the field will affect Rossi's decision.

The Honda is turning in to an ill handling beast, and I'm sure Rossi has had enough of that sort of bike. Stoner and Pedrosa are riding that bike with the rear (not Rossi's favorite method), while J.Lo is riding his sweet handling Yamaha with the front...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Unless it's just PR and/or mis-direction, HRC and Rossi already stated that a Factory ride, under the Repsol/HRC umbrella was not going to happen. This, obviously, doesn't include him riding a factory-spec bike under satellite colors (which is the more likely scenario). The same thing would apply with Yamaha. Despite their positive history together, JL's king over there and him welcoming Rossi back as a team mate is about as likely as the Pope becoming Jewish. A factory-spec Yamaha ridden by Rossi under satellite colors is, again, a far more likely outcome.

I don't pretend to be some sort of 'Asia-file' but I am aware that saving-face is pretty important to their mind set. Welcoming Rossi back as a factory rider, by either company, would probably involve the consumption of way too much crow for either brand to swallow.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts