Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm Ryan from Korea and I just joined the club today.
It is really good to be with people who love motorcycle, especially ducati, like myself.
I have one question to ask you.
Now I have monster S4RS and I luckily have a chance to buy Forgaty 996R and Bayliss 1098R.
There is only one Fogarty 996R and three Bayliss 1098R here in Korea.
Both are brand new, but price of 1098R is about double of 996R.
Of course, there are big differences in performane and specs between two models. However what I really care is the value. What I mean by value is not about re-sale value but the value of having the one which someone who loves ducati thinks that it is the one you want to have for your life time.
Plz give me some advices.

·
Registered
537 Posts
hallo,

correct me if i'm wrong bout i don't think a Fogarty 996R has ever been made.
but foggy or not i take the 996R over the 1098R.that's for sure.

henk!!!

·
Registered
756 Posts
996R is the one to go! There wasn't realy a Foggy version. Probably a re-paint (teal pitty though, stock fairings look best).
1098R's are to modern to be collectable's :p

·
Super Moderator
8,248 Posts
As said.. There is a foggy 996 SPS called the SPS/F but never a 996R.

I would go with the 1098R anyway. awesome bike..

//amullo

·
Registered
410 Posts
Double the price? What's the condition of the 996? If it IS a special model or an R model with graphics AND it's in great shape and has records of service, go with it. It's a great bike and looks beautiful in race livery.

Yes, 1098s are so new and as you've found out, there are at least 3x as many as the 996.

Get the 996 and have rod from cutgraphix.com get you an 02 Bayliss WSBK kit. Buy a sticker from him on Ebay ($6 one) and he gives you a $50 off coupon for a full kit. Buy the kit at $199US and install it and have a very special looking rare(r) bike!!!

I'm shamelessly doing this to my 748S and hope it looks as beautiful as it should look.

·
Registered
115 Posts
BAYLISS!!!!!! Better bike, better performance, less maintenance, and Foggy is a tool!
No he ain't. He won more Championships that Bayliss on inferior bikes. I like Troy, but he never raced at IOM or any of the Northern Road races, Foggy did, and won. Just another jealous Yank who has nothing to cheer about in WSB in the '90's.

·
Super Moderator
8,248 Posts
Cool it! Foggy was indeed a great rider, but knock off this "inferior bike" crap.
WSBK was a Ducati cup up until they changed the rules to let the I4 bikes have 1000cc.

Ducati owned WSBK with only Honda being able to really challenge them with the VTR SP1. And THAT bike needed the right rider to be quick. So having a ride on a Ducati Factory bike was THE best seat in WSBK all through the 90´s..

//amullo

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
No he ain't. He won more Championships that Bayliss on inferior bikes. I like Troy, but he never raced at IOM or any of the Northern Road races, Foggy did, and won. Just another jealous Yank who has nothing to cheer about in WSB in the '90's.
First off Bayliss is not a Yank and secondly,

Ben Spies: 294

Jonathan Rea: 177
Leon Haslam: 167

:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,749 Posts
Cool it! Foggy was indeed a great rider, but knock off this "inferior bike" crap.
WSBK was a Ducati cup up until they changed the rules to let the I4 bikes have 1000cc.

Ducati owned WSBK with only Honda being able to really challenge them with the VTR SP1. And THAT bike needed the right rider to be quick. So having a ride on a Ducati Factory bike was THE best seat in WSBK all through the 90´s..

//amullo
+1 similar to the Suzuki Cup in AMA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts