Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Does anybody out there have a source for carbon fiber side vents for 05 st4s?
I've been looking and just wondering if anybody else has found a good source.

thank you in advance!!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
feathercarbon.com. I just ordered a set for my ST3. Talk to Thomas.

Matt

·
Registered
403 Posts
I bought my carbon vents from the Ducati Dealer. Have you looked there yet? The Ducati carbon is of mediocre quality. All of them that I bought has a small tag with them saying how they are 'race' quality and are extremely light, slight surface imperfections are going to be seen.

Well on my 2003 ST4s the rear hugger is carbon and it is beautiful, so I dont buy that statement. Also, all the side vents do not fit all that great.

I would look at or get an opinion of the fit and finish of the parts you want, if possible.

Dave Harhay

·
Registered
81 Posts
dharhay said:
I bought my carbon vents from the Ducati Dealer. Have you looked there yet? The Ducati carbon is of mediocre quality. All of them that I bought has a small tag with them saying how they are 'race' quality and are extremely light, slight surface imperfections are going to be seen.

Well on my 2003 ST4s the rear hugger is carbon and it is beautiful, so I dont buy that statement. Also, all the side vents do not fit all that great.

I would look at or get an opinion of the fit and finish of the parts you want, if possible.

Dave Harhay
i have to agree on the fitment, although mine do look as good as my front fender and hugger.

·
Registered
17 Posts
thomas & feathercarbon- make sure you get what you pay for. bought $500.00 worth of CF stuff from them for my '04 ST3 about a year ago. 1/2 the order was incorrect on first pass, am still waiting for most expensive peice that has been promised too many times to mention. I'm a small business owner and always prefer to give the benefit of the doubt, but am troubled by feathercarbon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
1stDucati said:
thomas & feathercarbon- make sure you get what you pay for. bought $500.00 worth of CF stuff from them for my '04 ST3 about a year ago. 1/2 the order was incorrect on first pass, am still waiting for most expensive peice that has been promised too many times to mention. I'm a small business owner and always prefer to give the benefit of the doubt, but am troubled by feathercarbon.
yeah i have had mixed results with the online (ebay) carbon guys.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Guys, I've already jumped into the pool as far as Feathercarbon goes. So... if your interested in fairing panel inserts and want to hold off, I am planning on taking detailed pics when my parts show up and I'll be more than happy to share the pics as well as my unbiased opinion when my parts show up for anyone interested.

Matt

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have feathercarbon side vents on my 05st3, the problem is on mine it started to cut in on the radiator hose.
I told them about it and even offered to send them my original panel so they could make a new mold for the new fairing style but they never followed through with it.
I ended up putting another piece of hose over the other.
I have there key guard,rear fender and heel covers also.
Bruce

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
carbon fiber vents

mcd said:
Guys, I've already jumped into the pool as far as Feathercarbon goes. So... if your interested in fairing panel inserts and want to hold off, I am planning on taking detailed pics when my parts show up and I'll be more than happy to share the pics as well as my unbiased opinion when my parts show up for anyone interested.

Matt

well how are we doing on the cf??? i check with the local dealer.....wow $300 and very proud of it!!!! anyone find a better outlet. Al the dealer can say is "if it says ducati...its gonna cost ya" Surely there are some outlets that sell quality for an affordable price thanx for your help

giddy up!!!!

allen

·
Registered
588 Posts
Allen,

I'm still waiting on delivery of mine. I expect they'll be delivered shortly.

·
Registered
588 Posts
as promised...

here are the pics of the CF side vents from Feather Carbon. Apologies for the delayed post. Overall impressions: Have I seen better quality? yep. Have I seen worse? yep. However, my overall impression... given the quality and corresponding pricing, I find these pieces to be a pretty fair shake. Count on roughly 2 weeks for delivery.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MCD....
they look pretty nice to me.....fit looks pretty good as well thank you for your help

·
Registered
588 Posts
Glad I could help...

... and just trying to give a little back to help offset that which I've received from others on this board.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts