Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doe's anyone make a carbon key guard for the "New" SFS tanks? I think it's the same as the SF848 tanks..

·
Registered
69 Posts
So youre saying that the one I ordered for a 2009-2011 doesn't fit the SF848? Bummmerrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yup sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
4 Posts
DP = Dog Poop

Has anyone else here bought the DP streetfighter key guard only to find that with the current screw hole size, the stock screws are too short to reach down into the tank?

Now, if this were a $50 no-name piece of CF, I wouldn't think twice about boring out a larger hole with a drill, but when I've paid over $250 for the "official" Ducati Performance part, I should not have to resort to such primitive methods. Anyone come up with a better fix (besides returning the DP piece of crap and waiting on Tekarbon to make one for the smaller tanks).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Preppyjoel, that says "S 848", it's a Chinese part, so it is probably for the other tank.

But maybe you'll get lucky. Let us know because I want to buy one too.:D

·
Registered
263 Posts
I initially bought the Shift-Tech part because their item description led me to believe there was a conversion kit, this turned out to not be the case and I returned it (Thanks Guido!) The ebay part is in fact for the previous iteration of SF tank, as I bought one and they canceled my order and appoligized for the mistake.

I bit the bullet and bought the DP part, and yes indeed the mounting holes are too narrow to accept the threaded portion of the bolt. A few minutes later with a hand drill, some sheer rage (this was my third attempt at purchasing a CF keyguard) and the right drill bit I had the holes bored. I sealed up the ragged edges of the CF with some epoxy and let it cure. Mounted now for a few months and no issues, besides the hole in my wallet compared to the Shift-Tech item. I have a thread on the ordeal (though this is the first i've posted of the outcome) a few below this one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I talked to Guido at Shift Tech about a key guard for the 848. He said they don't have one yet, but he might offer one in the future

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts