Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Carbon Fiber

4K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Synergy 
#1 ·
DOES ANY BODY KNOW OF A CF MAKER THAT COMPLIMENTS THE AGRESSIVE LINES OF THE 749. I'M LOOKING FOR FRONT AND REAR WHEEL HUGGERS AND POSSIBLE TANK AND REAR TAIL FAIRING (PRICE PERMITTING!) I DID COME ACROSS SOME ONE IN HOLLYWOOD FLORIDA WITH KILLER PRICES BUT LOST THE LINK...

MUST BE SHARP LINES, OFFSET INDENTS, ETC.

RAIZER SHARP......... :think:

#2 ·
Ducati. I have a Ducati rear hugger, heat shield, and the little exhaust pipe heat shield thing on the side of the pipe by your leg. They are all great quality and look great. Plus, if you stick with the same brand as your habit progresses, the finish and the weave will match on later pieces. The only other one I know that makes alot of stuff is BenFer Performance, but I have never seen thier products in person.

#3 ·
Thnxs

Thanks...

Looks Great!
I Now See What You Are Saying About Sticking With One Product Line.

What About Titanuim Fiber Weaves?

#5 ·
Like All Cf

CARBON FIBER TECHNOLOGY HAS BEEN AROUND LONG ENOUGH THAT WE AS CONSUMERS NEED NOT BE PRICE FISTED BECAUSE OF THE PRODUCT AND THE EXOTICE LOOK IT BRINGS TO OUR BIKES. SORRY YALL IF I SOUND UP TIGHT AND AGRESSIVE.

NOISEY WHEEL GETS THE OIL. :confused:

I'LL TRY TO WISPER MORE ;)

#7 ·
It's got nothing to do with how long it's been around. It's supply and demand. My father in law is in the aerospace industry with a company (Scaled Composits) that uses more than their share of CF. I found out from him in a discussion we had, about a year or less ago, that there's actually a shortage of the raw material being processed. Aerospace is by far the largest user of CF and they, along with his company, was buying up all the raw material they could get their hands on. Thus, driving up the market for the little guys like Ducati, making fenders and heat shield and stuff.

#9 ·
I have mostly Ducati Performance carbon & like it the most. Fender, Air tube Covers, and right side pipe cover.

I have Shift-tech fairing inserts for the 03 pumpkin face and they are a perfect (not just close) perfect match and the same quality as DP. In fact they even clearcoat the backside.

I bought a BenFer carbon keyguard. It's not quite the same quality. It's decent but not nearly as glossy & has a slight mark from where it was drilled. I was hoping to buy more from them after trying them on the cheap keyguard, but if your a perfectionist, go with the DP or shift-tech stuff.

#10 ·
J24Joe said:
I have mostly Ducati Performance carbon & like it the most. Fender, Air tube Covers, and right side pipe cover.

I have Shift-tech fairing inserts for the 03 pumpkin face and they are a perfect (not just close) perfect match and the same quality as DP. In fact they even clearcoat the backside.

I bought a BenFer carbon keyguard. It's not quite the same quality. It's decent but not nearly as glossy & has a slight mark from where it was drilled. I was hoping to buy more from them after trying them on the cheap keyguard, but if your a perfectionist, go with the DP or shift-tech stuff.

+1 for the shift-tech stuff nothing beats their prices either.

Can you post a picture of the fairing inserts Ive always wanted to see how they look on the bike

#11 ·
I'll try to remember to get a pic at home tonight.

I was afraid they wouldn't t mount well or stay in place. This is not the case.

I used simple silicone sealer II. I ran a bead down each side internally while holding the inserts in place with painters tape. By internally, I mean stick your hand down below the speedo from each side next to the lamps on either side. Very little glue is needed. When I tried to mount the first one, I overkilled on the glue. Extremely easy installation!

#13 ·
J24Joe said:
The pics didn't come out great.

The third pic over best shows the glue bead if you zoom in on it.
Those are sweet thats next on the list for cosmetics.
i think the 04's look the best because of the vents.
Thanks for the pics too

#17 ·
J24Joe said:
http://www.shift-tech.com/

Like I said in my previous posts, This stuff is perfect. No pits, high gloss, and matches DP perfectly.

The guy ships it quickly also.

The Monster List guys get a discount on shipping from him.
The rear race tail is bad ass.:D

#22 ·
BenFer is actually made by Clay Carrier Composties. http://carbonfiberman.com/
CCC has great CF with fit and quality, they dont clear over the CF. If you have a problem with some BenFer, get ahold of CCC. I have had great support from BenFer. I also have a hugger from Casoli, which is great and came with a clearcoat and better shine than CCC. Too bad no more Casoli. The BenFer/CCC parts I have will get a coat of clear here in about a week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.