Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share and see if there were any others bikes you all think we should build these for.

Built in collaboration with BST, we are coming out with a line of Carbon Fiber Triple Clamps. We are proud to introduce this very limited edition line just for the Ducati 848/1098/1198 Superbikes.

Made completely out of Prepreg Carbon Fiber, Aluminum inserts are used to harness the forks and clamps together. Using a twisting motion from top and bottom, the inserts will expand, causing a very tight and secure mount the whole way around the forks.

Only 25 units of this model will be produced at first.

These true works of art for the Ducati 848/1098/1198 with any fork configuration.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh SNAP, If I had the$$ id be on that in a heartbeat...... too bad its about 1800 over my budget!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Part of a Collection

Yes, they have adjustable offset.

Carbon Fiber Steering Stem.

These are actually part of a whole collection including Carbon Fiber Frame, Subframe, Swingarm, Triple Clamps and Rearsets for the Ducati 848/1098/1198. Of Course we use BST Wheels.

The whole collection takes some time, so the Triple Clamps and Rearsets are coming out first, at the beginning of October. Then the Swingarm following around the beginning of November. And then the Frame and Subframe by the end of January.

Our goal is to build a 1098R, in track trim, at 290lbs!

Pricing is $2,450.00 US

These Triple Clamps are full TUV tested and outperform Aluminum and Magnesium by far!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Then the Swingarm
I was gonna say...the graphic work looks similar to another image that was posted here on the forums of a CF swing arm...looks like this is that company!

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
These Triple Clamps are full TUV tested and outperform Aluminum and Magnesium by far!
Out perform? In what way?

Tell ya one thing, if the MotoGP and WSBK bikes don't use them, I'm relatively sure, they're not any better then the Magnesium ones they currently use.

They're actually a piece of art, they're gorgeous! But I wouldn't buy them for performance reasons.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Out Perform in Weight, Strength and Torsional Rigidity.

Teams are testing them now.

Also grips the fork tube better, as opposed to grabbing areas by pinching.

Notice that the Moto2 and MotoGP rules are changing for chassis development instead of engine development.

We will have a Moto2 engine soon so that we can develop our own Frame, Subframe, Swingarm, Triple Clamps and Rearsets. The same goes for MotoGP when the leasing agreement starts.

The Desmo GP9 has a front Carbon Fiber frame. The Britten had Carbon Fiber Forks and so on.

Look Trick Plus Lighter and Stronger!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
A few more details if you would.....

Tell us how the aluminum will work with the carbon fiber. If you do the analysis you will see that it is a TERRIBLE galvanic coupling. ( Did I say TERRIBLE...oh, guess I did.)

Let us know why the aluminum will not corrode.

TIA !

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Wow, I didn't know this either. You learn something new every day.

"Bismaleimide (BMI) and cyanate ester (CE) resins are susceptible to degradation by hydrolysis. The chemical conditions necessary to effect resin hydrolysis can be generated by galvanic activity induced in resin/carbon fiber/ metal composite structures by salt water/air environments. The objective of this study was to identify resin additives that mitigate resin hydrolysis by mediating the production of chemically basic galvanic corrosion byproducts. A number of aminoquinone compounds were both synthesized and procured for testing as potential inhibitors of the galvanic degradation observed in CE and BMI resin/carbon fiber/aluminum composite structures. It was found that compounds that indicated redox activity in nonaqueous cyclic voltammetry testing, and were soluble in the resin matrix, provided levels of resin hydrolysis protection. This was shown in model CE composites with carbon fiber (70% by weight) under accelerated exposure conditions. The use of these inhibitors in certain aircraft composite structures could either alleviate the requirements for extensive structures overdesign or provide additional degradation protection."

So basically if the resin includes aminoquinone it prevents it from degrading.

How does this affect CF frames and engine interfaces?

With respect to new tech (and I love it), I do have to say just because GP vehicles use a particular technology does not make it suitable for the street. A good example of this was the use of depleted Uranium for crankshaft counterweights in Formula One cars. :eek:

Also, many parts are inspected and changed after races because they are prone to failure, but enable the team to win races inside the lifetime of the part.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i think you will find that the torsional modulus for a carbon fiber laminate is lower than aluminum not higher. metals are also not subject to interlaminer shear failures, what kind of non destructive testing is proposed for quality control. generally when composites are used as a primary structure extra material is added cutting into the weight advantage. as seen by the pricing the costs escalate out of control for the normal user.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep! Old School Carbon! BST has been bonding Aluminum to Carbon through special processes and bonding agents having no problems what so ever.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Acutally ... It's MAGIC!

Just joking around, Carbon Fiber and Aluminum have problems when mated directly to each other just like many other materials. Similar to Titanium and Steel or Aluminum. If you put Titanium bolts directly into you Chrome Alloy Frame you will receive the same kind of corrosion. If you simply coat the Titanium bolts with a Nickel Grade Anti-Seize Compound you're fine.

Same goes for Carbon Fiber and Aluminum, first we have carbon fiber that has been clear coated (protective barrier), then we have a bonding agent that also acts like the Nickel Based Anti-Seize. We use a mechanical locking system between the carbon and aluminum.

Rever Corsa has been working with carbon fiber for over eighteen years now. Car Bodies, Shifter Kart Frames and Seats, Motorcycle Fairings, Bicycle Frames, Watercraft Hulls, Racing and Private Airplane Wings.

BST has been doing it for longer and has done way more.

Together we are setting off to build Moto2 and MotoGP Bikes. All in Carbon Fiber with Aluminum, Titanium and Tennalum all over it.

Carbon Fiber parts can have way more Torsional Strength than Aluminum or Titanium. Carbon Fiber parts can be engineered through weave placement and hardened epoxies to surpass other materials in the same shapes and needs. Already been proven and tested.

The Carbon and Aluminum disasters you hear and know of are when individuals wrapped bare Carbon Fiber around Aluminum, then epoxied, vacuumed, and cooked them together. We press our aluminum in after the Carbon Fiber is already done. Much different processes, Much different results!

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
This triple clamp is definitely a piece of art. If I had the $$ I would buy it just to look at it. As far as performance gains, I doubt any of us could feel the difference. Well, maybe the wallet is $2500 ligher :D

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Just wanted to share and see if there were any others bikes you all think we should build these for.

Built in collaboration with BST, we are coming out with a line of Carbon Fiber Triple Clamps. We are proud to introduce this very limited edition line just for the Ducati 848/1098/1198 Superbikes.

Made completely out of Prepreg Carbon Fiber, Aluminum inserts are used to harness the forks and clamps together. Using a twisting motion from top and bottom, the inserts will expand, causing a very tight and secure mount the whole way around the forks.

These true works of art for the Ducati 848/1098/1198 with any fork configuration.

Thanks
Wow, fantastic, just incredible! Thanks for your efforts and dedication. I really appreciate the fact that you're paying attention to Ducati bikes in particular and living happily on the bleeding edge of technology in general. I really believe in carbon fiber and wish you the best in developing this further.

·
Banned
12 Posts

Thanks
These are Fn sweet! build some for the 916/996/998 series. 27mm offset

1 - 20 of 82 Posts