Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Yep, that is a rendering made by BST, whether or not (and if so, when) it will ever be available, who knows...

This is a reality though, and it offers huge improvements with regards to stability and handling - http://bellissimoto.com/Swingarms.html

So far we have had 4 customers try them out, one on a 1098R, one on a 1098S, one on a 1098 turned 1098S, and one on an AMA racers 848 race bike - which is pictured with the pink frame.

And yes, everyone is very pleased with them so far.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
It is more than a rendering.

The MFG asked me not to post anything on the forums yet.

I can tell you that we ordered 10 swingarms...:)

-M

·
Registered
463 Posts
It shouldn't be 10-15K unless you have to pay a Ducati tax. The one for the Triumph T595 was only 4-5K.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
It is more than a rendering.
Really?

I mean, I want to see these become a reality same as anyone else, but that photo looks like a computer generated rendering, now I'm not saying they haven't produced a finalized version, tested them, etc... All I'm saying is that the picture sure looks fake.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
There is a swingarm under development. Rumor is it is being tested. I don't think it will be as expensive as most people think. I suspect it will be around the price of the magnesium swingarms.

-M

·
Premium Member
1999 Ducati 748/955 & 2002 MV Agusta F4 Senna
203 Posts
I thought that was a reflection off the floor. Looks real to me but I've been fooled before.
The photos are absolutely computer renderings. The obvious way to tell is the repeating texture map on the floor.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Real or not real, we will see since I ordered 3 of them this morning from him, price TBA.
Glad to say that two good customers came up with a deposit on them already and can't wait to get their hands on it. They know the price will be just right.

The 3rd one was tuff to sell but customer gladly left a deposit, he almost was going for the Magnesium swingarm that he saw mentioned here on the forum and I had to work him hard, he really was about to call the order in but at the end he stayed true to his real passion and he will take # 3 instead of the magnesium one:):):):) No worries Martin, he was not going to order the Mag version from you.:rolleyes:

So Martin, I still want one also but for the SF.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The photos are absolutely computer renderings. The obvious way to tell is the repeating texture map on the floor.
Good catch on the floor. Yes the pictures have been photoshoped. The floor was "cloned" to hide or remove unwanted objects in the original pictures but that doesn't mean the swingarm part of the pictures are computer renderings. There may be some adjustments to the swingarm part of the pictures as well but they started with a photograph not a rendering.

There would be no reason to go through the trouble of adding reflections of windows with trees in them on the swingarm, then do a hack clone job on the floor. They probably had oil stains on the floor they wanted to cover up.

·
Registered
560 Posts
For instance, if you look closely, you can see the ground right through a few sections of the carbon swingarm.

I think that is a reflection of the ground in front of the piece. Look closely and those bits appear as perfect mirror images of the concrete floor.

Not sure why anyone would want one of these though. Way over my paygrade!

Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
saw this on another forum. its sick

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
I'm still waiting on the info for these too...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts