Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching the Moto 2 race in Thailand, one of the commentators (BeIN sports) was talking about the high temperature during the race and its negative effects on the tires. He said the carbon fiber swing arms are better in this situation. Is this because the CF swingarm is more rigid so there is less tire movement than a metal swingarm?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I was watching the Moto 2 race in Thailand, one of the commentators (BeIN sports) was talking about the high temperature during the race and its negative effects on the tires. He said the carbon fiber swing arms are better in this situation. Is this because the CF swingarm is more rigid so there is less tire movement than a metal swingarm?
Maybe, maybe not - dunno how they´re built... Did they go for lighter weight & the same stiffness or similar weight & increased stiffness?
Regarding tyre movement vs swingarm rigidity, I´ll bet tyre moves way more than the change in swingarm movement due to differences in stiffness - so if there´s any improvement due to having a CF swingarm, my money´s on better suspension control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts