Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell me about it, he has a set for the ST's also but it does not include the upper fairing :mad:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Sexy with plenty of bling factor, but you'd probably save more weight (if that's even the reason one would buy them) by switching to 1/2 fairings and a Sharkskinz solo seat/tail section. I removed 14 lbs from my 1997 SS/SP by doing that (and I like the 1/2 fairings more).
Joe

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just got mine today along with a front fender and a rear hugger. Shipping from Italy was 4 or 5 days. A great guy to deal with. He was willing to accept offers and even shipped after taking a hit on either the exchange rate or paypal fee, probably paypal. I give him a very positive recommendation. All the parts were full factory and arrived in great shape.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
I'm putting it on my X-Mas list, cc to my wife !

Very Nice and Good price if ship was under 175?

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got mine today along with a front fender and a rear hugger. Shipping from Italy was 4 or 5 days. A great guy to deal with. He was willing to accept offers and even shipped after taking a hit on either the exchange rate or paypal fee, probably paypal. I give him a very positive recommendation. All the parts were full factory and arrived in great shape.
I will send you an IM so you know where to send the finders fee :D

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Amazing, finder's fee etc.

I will send you an IM so you know where to send the finders fee :D
Thank you so much VA DUC - I ordered two sets!!!!! Not greedy, one might get painted yellow and the other will stay CF, this means i can decide later!

These are so cheap, only AUD$150 more per set than getting less bits repaired and not even painted. The US recommended price is some USD$3,700

Some advice for those that may be thinking Mmmm maybe, but it is a bit more than I can afford. I actually read all the ad and spotted that VAT (Value added tax at 20%) was included in the price. For non EU customers, like me in Australia and those of you in the US, I did some research and, as I thought, EU VAT does not need to be charged for sales to non EU customers. This means these kits are Euros 459 plus freight, which was Euros 95 per set to Oz.

This guy (Alessandro) is so nice to deal with. If I had not just bought a neglected CBR250RR screamer for pure fun, I would have bought more!

I understand that Alessandro has 8 left.

VA DUC, send me a PM with your postal address and I will send something special, but not necessarily valuable in monetary terms in appreciation!

Richard

·
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Richard, am glad you were able to get a couple set's.
PM sent.
Max

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
VA DUC - Finder's reward

Look at this pic and spot the non standard decals - this is your "reward" that i am sending to your postal address as per your PM.

I had twenty more sets made in anthracite black/grey after commissioning the original set made for my bike.

Richard

PS - the bike has changed yet again since that pic - it is a sickness!

Attachments

·
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome! Thanks Richard!

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Got them - superb!

My two sets just arrived and are superb.

5 days from Italy to my door in Australia, which is pretty amazing.

Highly recommended vendor.

Now the decision on to paint or not. Thinking about using the decals as a mask to be peeled off after paint, thus subtly showing the carbon. Maybe the almost eliptical shape bottom front as well. Must fire up some graphics software to see.

Richard

·
Registered
518 Posts
Look at this pic and spot the non standard decals - this is your "reward" that i am sending to your postal address as per your PM.

I had twenty more sets made in anthracite black/grey after commissioning the original set made for my bike.

Richard

PS - the bike has changed yet again since that pic - it is a sickness!
how much was the set in american dollars, and did they have any left?

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Price

how much was the set in american dollars, and did they have any left?
They are listed at Euros 550, but if you make sure he does not charge VAT (20% tax) they will be Euros 459 plus Euros 95 or so freight, which is about USD$830

Alessandro has more. Tell him Richard from Australia keeps saying how good they and his service are.

These things are seriously featherweight.

Glad I bought two sets.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts