Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just went through my second coolant tank in a month... dealer said this was a warrenty as the blow out was not on a seam... so they are back ordered from italy till the end of July... I can't wait that long to ride my bike so I'm considering taking an old stock coolant tank with a seam split, and covering it with fiberblass/CF so that it's bullet proof... any thoughts?

·
Registered
193 Posts
appearently..
Although I never had an issue with my 748, dealer did tell me that before I got the bike, coolant tank was replaced...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Search on this site and you'll see it's extremely common... some guys on here have gone through 4 tanks! I assume that's why this item is back ordered from Italy... they can't make this shitty part fast enough! lol...

·
Registered
306 Posts
it's hard to replicate this leak. The crack is so small that coolant spits out only when the motor is running and it gets to operating tempratures.

Just a note: make sure that you dont over tighten the bolts that hold the metal filler against the tank. The bolts screw into the tank via two metal pieces (gold in color) that seems to be glued onto the plastic tank. I over tightened the two bolts which made the two metal pieces lift up slightly from the tank, hence the metal filler does not sit properly against the plastic tank - the coolant would leak out of this area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts