Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. Question about the carbon can. I recently removed it. My concern is the breather line from the fuel tank. I filled up this evening. Just to the bottom of the neck in in tank. I came home and put the bike in the lift to clean it. I noticed pure gas dripping from the breather line rather then just vapor. Is this normal? I removed carbon cans on other bikes and never noticed this. Should I just extend the line so it clears the belly pan or is this not normal? I only removed the can for the looks. Can easily reinstall. Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
One of the lines is a drain line....If you splashed or over filled, fuel will drain from that line. The other unlikely possibility is the cap is not sealing and letting fuel slosh up into the drain line, but very unlikely.

See if it continues to leak...I doubt it will. Good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
That is normal after I fill up. You get a little that will trickle. I just extended the hose down through the slot where the other two lines are and no problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Other than improved looks, is there any other benefit gained by removing the carbon canister? Any downsides?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Other than improved looks, is there any other benefit gained by removing the carbon canister? Any downsides?
The way the carbon canister work is to allow the fuel vapor to be sucked back into the intake. So at some point the intake will be taking in outside air causing the cylinder that it is connected to run slightly lean. I don't know if it's enough to make a difference, and if it is compensated for in the mapping.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts