Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've met with EVR and will now be working with them. They've showed us their new carbon airbox for the Streetfighter. Might be of interest to some of you. Here are a couple of images.

We'll get a couple of these on order.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
do you mind adding a picture from the side and top?
I want to see how far from the frame the intake tracts pop out. I looks very tastefully done in the picture, but it's hard to tell much.

and the air intake increase or decrease? the intake grille is pointed inwards so its different (obviously).

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Bummer is that it takes the air from the inside but still better then nothing and I have a feeling there is a good reason for it so let's be happy that they at least took the time to get something done. May be a direct and very short run for rain that ends up directly in the airbox since the intakes go straight in without any tunnels and u-turns as on other bikes as the for example the Brutale.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you mind adding a picture from the side and top?
I want to see how far from the frame the intake tracts pop out. I looks very tastefully done in the picture, but it's hard to tell much.

and the air intake increase or decrease? the intake grille is pointed inwards so its different (obviously).
I'll grab some more images on the bike tomorrow which will make more sense.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really wasn't able to capture a good image showing the intakes as there just isn't space to get a camera in there, but you can check them out here. There are 4-5 images so click the next button for more.

The intake is very close to the steering head - not much room at all. Seems strange, but they tested the designs and this is what worked.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
I think it's called Helmholtz.

Helmholtz resonance is more commonly called inertial supercharging, it is the effect of air moving through the manifold while the valve is open, and then when the valve closes, it sends a pressure wave back down the intake runner, and it bounces off the throttle plate, and then returns to the valve, and back and forth in diminishing waves, sort of like making a wave in a bathtub, bouncing it back and forth. as for engine performance, the length of the runner can be tuned so that at a specific engine rpm range, the wave returns to the valve at the same time that the valve opens again, thus resulting in a higher pressure of air charge at the valve, it is actually possible to exceed 100% volumetric efficiency on a naturally aspirated engine due to the effects of helmholtz resonance. there are also positive, and negative effects on frequency of the pressure waves based on intake runner diameters, and this is why lower rpm torque motors utilize a long narrow runner, and high rpm horsepower motors utilize short fat runners, nowadays, many manufacturers have a changeover valve in the intake allowing the engine benefits both at the top and the bottom of the rpm range

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Will the tubes be available separate as they look like they bolt on like the standard tubes.
May be an option for us that cant afford a kidney !!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The Kidney might just get me both mate....:D . Its only had a bit of cider thro it..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts