Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased the Carbon Fiber Seat Cowl for my 2012 SF848 and Did not like the color contrast. Iam a good "Can Painter" so I painted it Matte black.

Spot on Match $5.00 :) Its a good day!!!

Attachments

·
1,766 Posts
I like it as much as as a matte painted carbon fiber cowl can be liked.
Did you have to detach that plastic pad (with "Ducati" logo embedded)?
If so how is this thing connected?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it as much as as a matte painted carbon fiber cowl can be liked.
Did you have to detach that plastic pad (with "Ducati" logo embedded)?
If so how is this thing connected?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Soft Ducati Pad does not come off. You must tape around the pad.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I don't get it...you bought an expensive carbon bit, didn't like it, so you "fixed" it for $5 more...but you could have just sold it and put on the regular part again...realistically, you aren't saving that much weight with that carbon piece, so buying it is only a good idea if you like is aesthetically.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
it's not a case of weight reduction. 848 don't come with the cowl, and the only one available is the DP carbon. No matching colored cowls for the SF 848 yet.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
it's not a case of weight reduction. 848 don't come with the cowl, and the only one available is the DP carbon. No matching colored cowls for the SF 848 yet.
ooooooooh, I didn't know that it didn't come with a passenger seat cover. Kind of silly that it doesn't, but I am sure you could have found a 1098 owner willing to sell you their passenger seat cover for your to paint, and then still sold the carbon bit for more money.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wish I could do that with the red.. :( any owner of a RED SF that wants to part with its cowl?

I think the question itself is too silly to post..I'm giving it a try though..

·
Registered
635 Posts
In case anyone is unsure, when I picked my SF848 up we swapped my seat for a cowl off a SF1098 (momentarily) and both fit perfectly, and the red color matched closely enough that only someone who knew to look would notice.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sputniks, it is attached with some type of adhesive. I know this as it came off when I was in Death Valley last month. I guest two days at 105 degrees was too much for it. Fortunately for me my friend riding behind me saw it come off and went back and picked it up. I just reglued it back on with construction adhesive.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I want one! That would be perfect for my bike.

Hopefully Ducati will start to offer a painted plastic Cowl that matches our stock paint.

Looks great!

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes, and it is holding up perfectly
Nice! Picking up a can after work today. I scored a used SFS solo cowl on the cheap, and I'm about to go to town!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Do you have a pic of the carbon cowl installed, before you painted it? Can you post it? Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts