Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the next few months I'm thinking about buying a set of carbon fibre air runners for my 996. Can anyone recommend a seller? Looking for that rare combination of price and quality (aka value for money). Would be nice if they were Aussie, but no big deal if not. Std runners with indicator mounts. Any suggestions, recommended sellers etc?

Cheers
David

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Hi Dave. I get mine directly from the mob in Italy that make/made them for Ducati. Speed Carbon. Superb quality. Not overly expensive but they need to be clear coated. I’ve seen I lot of cheap carbon that looks good new but doesn’t seem to last. Seems to be a pay your money, take your chances.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't suppose there's a working website for them? Had a search and only found one under construction.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Don't suppose there's a working website for them? Had a search and only found one under construction.
There's a US seller of the Speed Carbon parts, Corsa Garage. I think they have a website if it helps. But really those are the best carbon parts to get.

Reactions: paulmm600

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
There's a US seller of the Speed Carbon parts, Corsa Garage. I think they have a website if it helps. But really those are the best carbon parts to get.
I have a 998R copy tail from them (so Speed Carbon stuff) and my painter loved it; no pinholes at all, easy to paint, only mod I had to make to it was slotting the seat mounting holes to get the seat squared up on it.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,884 Posts
they only list the large RS intake runners, which do not fit unmodified street bikes.

The other thing you'll find when looking for these is that even if you find good quality, good price, and signal mounts, only the DP and Ilmberger (as far as I know of) have the stock filter mounts inside the tubes themselves. If you get something else then you've got to compromise your filtering method.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
they only list the large RS intake runners, which do not fit unmodified street bikes.

The other thing you'll find when looking for these is that even if you find good quality, good price, and signal mounts, only the DP and Ilmberger (as far as I know of) have the stock filter mounts inside the tubes themselves. If you get something else then you've got to compromise your filtering method.
I special ordered a set that fit the stock air filters and I also got a race nose for my 998R that is for stock air runners and not Corse ones.

The point of the whole post is that the guy asked for a website to see the stuff. Corsa Garage has a website and you can see the stuff. Is it everything that Speed Carbon offers? Nope. But it's a solid start for someone looking for what they offer.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,884 Posts
I special ordered a set that fit the stock air filters and I also got a race nose for my 998R that is for stock air runners and not Corse ones.

The point of the whole post is that the guy asked for a website to see the stuff. Corsa Garage has a website and you can see the stuff. Is it everything that Speed Carbon offers? Nope. But it's a solid start for someone looking for what they offer.

I guess I wasn't clear--mine were 2 separate observations and only the first part referred to Speed Carbon/Corsa Garage. I simply saw that only RS pieces were listed. I have no experience, positive or negative, with their parts.

The other part was just general advice to the OP: Look for something that has OEM style filter mounts.

Reactions: paulmm600

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
don't worry about trying to fit original air filters into any of the carbon runners. they never seal. get some sort of in airbox filter and lever the runners empty.

i had a customer looking for road style carbon runners recently, not sure what he found.

·
Matt
696 Posts
Speed Carbon is a really good choice. Former CM Composit (now out of business) employees created Speed Carbon and for the 916-era parts they are producing parts using the original CM molds. I've bought quite a lot of their stuff and quality is consistent with the CM parts back in the day. Speed Carbon is now supplying carbon to Ducati for the race machines in Superbike.

Like you, I've only ever found one Speed Carbon website and it's under construction. I haven't found where they sell direct. Forza Moto in France and Ducati Parts Online in the Netherlands are good sources. They stock a handful of the parts, but can order virtually anything that was available back in the CM Composit days.

Reactions: xracer
1 - 11 of 11 Posts