Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 99 750ss this weekend. All the looking i did online said this bike is F.I. yet the P.O. told me it was a carburated bike and it has a choke in the left clip-on. Did they make the 99 as a carburated bike?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I thought all of the later style were FI.......i.e. the square light ones were carb'd, could be wrong though!

·
Registered
304 Posts
The lever is not a choke but a fast idle control. Used for the same purpose - warmup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The lever is not a choke but a fast idle control. Used for the same purpose - warmup.
Sweet nuts, So it most likely is F.I. Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lift up the tail (or in this case the tank) and take a look!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some other stuff in the way..... bat, airbox, and what not. I will ride as is for the next week or so, so it does not really matter right now. Just wondering if they did make them with carbs....

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Just look at the body style. It's either the under 1998 or 1999 and newer style. The motor changes went with the body style changes, that easy, unless the owner did a motor swap?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The dial on the left handlebar is a choke if it's a carbed but is called an "enricher" on F.I. Bikes. And per Ducati North America the 1999 year for SS's was a split model year. There aren't many, but per my contact with them, there were some Carbies. On my home computer I have the correspondence with them that explains the designations in the VIN number for F.I. or Carb. I'll re-post when I find the e-mails at home... Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts