Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

The 996 was running rough so I decided to reset the tps and do a carb sync, but im having some problems.

I'm following the lt snyder manual as well as an article online.

-I reset the tps to 150mv at closing and 420mv at 1200rpm idle.
-Closed the air bleeder valve all the way (clockwise)
-Try to sync the butterflies, got both side pretty even at idle but everytime I revv it up the front(horizontal) side would go up dramatically, and I'm getting backfire from the rear cylinder.

Video:

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I reset the tps to 150mv at closing and 420mv at 1200rpm idle.
Set it to 150mv with front throttle fully closed and then leave it at that, don't touch the TPS again and don't try to get any specific voltage setting at idle because that will mess it up.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hello everyone,

The 996 was running rough so I decided to reset the tps and do a carb sync, but im having some problems.

I'm following the lt snyder manual as well as an article online.

-I reset the tps to 150mv at closing and 420mv at 1200rpm idle.
-Closed the air bleeder valve all the way (clockwise)
-Try to sync the butterflies, got both side pretty even at idle but everytime I revv it up the front(horizontal) side would go up dramatically, and I'm getting backfire from the rear cylinder.

Video:

Don't worry about idle, that's what your bleed valves are for. I sync them about 3K. I also set my TPS with the butterflies fully closed. I actually disconnect the secondary TB just to make sure it isn't holding the primary (one with TPS on it) open a bit. I don't worry about what the TPS setting is at 1200 RPM!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just found out the rubber coupler holding the front throttle body was ripped, where can I get one and if theres a specific name for it. Or I can just use a generic rubber coupler with some clamps. Going to replace that and try again.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any ideas why it's backfiring out of the tb like that? it popped so hard the tb shot off the rubber coupler.:eek:

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
You mean you blew the rubber for the intake manifold? I doubt the backfiring did it. Did you do any work previously and remove the TBs? I over tightened the clamp for the TBs long ago on my 748 and it severed the rubber.

Get them off Ebay. Just a couple of dollars.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Any ideas why it's backfiring out of the tb like that? it popped so hard the tb shot off the rubber coupler.:eek:
Usually because it's running lean. After setting the TPS and syncing the TB's check/set the CO for each cylinder at around 4-6% and it'll run smoothly with no backfires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts