Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The carbs icing up have ruined three weekend rides for me since the weather turned. It is just not that cold out, it is sunny Arizona! Many days of fiddling with the carb idle mix screws, religious application of Sea Foam to every tank and pretty much daily riding to over 3,000 miles finally got the stock carbs sorted out to my satisfaction, and now this carb icing ruins my day.

Almost $1,000 bucks burning a hole in my credit card, but the FCR41's will be here in a week or so. Really did not want to do it, was just getting comfortable with the stock ones. Oh well, ....

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
And you know the really annoying thing? Once you have them fitted and jetted, and go for a few rides - you'll be kicking yourself for not doing it much earlier... :D ;)

Just speaking from my own experience. :)

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The extra horsepower? The torque coming on 1000 rpm's sooner? Louder intake roar? I will have to suffer through this grueling experience.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
My original incentive to get FCRs was carb icing. I soon discovered that they are superior in so many ways. You'll never regret it!

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
The extra horsepower? The torque coming on 1000 rpm's sooner? Louder intake roar? I will have to suffer through this grueling experience.
The better throttle response, the different (not louder) induction noises, the better idle when cold, better (maybe - but you may need to add a full exhaust system as per mine) fuel economy - particularly at cruising speeds, lack of carb icing,... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts