Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,687 Posts
if I was taking a trailer....I'd offer...but it is looking like I am going to load up all I think I need in the back of my little VW Caddy pick-up....and I do agree with Sam on not riding down!....it isn't so much the 4-5 hour ride down but more the what if something happens pucker factor and the fact that the ride down is likely to flat spot your tires somewhat and make them not so worthy of using on the track....but my plan as of right now is to attempt to stay in the Lodge and I am considering sharing a room to offset the cost somewhat!

· Registered
1,687 Posts
apagios said:
worst case scenario my parents have a van(ford aerostar, extended chassis) i can take the seats out of and should have plenty of room, im a little hesitant to do that though case ive never secured a bike down before, i can clip tie downs into the steel frame where the seats attach, and i assume you tie up the tires so the bike cant slide at the bottom and then to the frame, but that means all the attachments will be on the floor, nothign higher up. mainly concerned with getting it into and out of the van without dropping it though. :p
go to the website for MAD ( www.MAD-Ducati.com ) and click on "articles" and then "bike tie down for transport" and that paired with some common sense might be all you need to secure your bike in the Aerostar!....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.