Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting my FE out of storage and back on the road, which is going to involve a new set of 41mm Keihin's, new chain, timing belt service, and tires. I'm also thinking this is a good time to get rid of the factory mirrors and put some bar-end mirrors on the bike. I had Napoleon's on my '93 900SS and I liked them, but it just had screws capping the mirror holes in the fairing. I was wondering if anyone make some sort of carbon fiber "cap" to cover the stock mirror mounting holes, or some other suggestion to make it look more finished?

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
I bought a couple of sets not made for our mirrors an they weren't the right size. I ended up buying some stainless washers and socket head cap screws. Not a perfect solution but better than it was. The covers are sold according to bike model, not mirror model or dimensions, so they're hard to match up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Red anodized aluminum allen screws and nylon washers for fairing and windscreen from ebay. Available in lots of colors including silver. It looks more finished if all screws match. Unfortunately they are from C---a. (I didn't say the C word!)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts