Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought Clear Alternatives for my 848 and I can't figure out how to take off the rear seat panel. I've taken off all the small bolts that I found but I'm not sure how the panel comes off?

Do I need to take off the exhaust cans and other bolts?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just bought Clear Alternatives for my 848 and I can't figure out how to take off the rear seat panel. I've taken off all the small bolts that I found but I'm not sure how the panel comes off?

Do I need to take off the exhaust cans and other bolts?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Did you ever get it mounted? Work well, any issues?

Here's a link to the workshop manual originally posted by LosPers: http://www.box.net/shared/q7e787hp3t

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'd recommend looking at the online parts diagram to make sure you've got all the fasteners off, including the side tank panels, and the seat. After that you'll actually have to slide the plastics forward (I'd say a quarter to a half inch). There are hooked tabs that attach the panel to the plastic undertail. Might take a little wiggling to get it to move. I attached a photo of the underside of a tail section to help you. The guy I bought this one from pulled up and broke two of the tab slots, which is exactly what you don't want to do.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Once all the bolts are off. Just make sure to slide forward twoards the gas tank. it is opposite of what you'd think it would be. At least thats how it looked to me. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts