Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1994 900SS CR, 2002 998 Trackbike
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new slide diaphragms for my BDST38 oem carbs. After some searching, I found a carburetor online shop in the Netherlands that has all the little bits and pieces for these units. I ordered two rebuild kits and two slide diaphragms, that was back in January. Whether the package fell off the boat, or customs thought they were parts for a nuke, I'll never know... either way they still haven't arrived and I am most likely out $200.

Is there any way to obtain these in North America, and even better: Canada? Anyone who switched to Keihins have a set of Mikunis they don't need anymore?

I am aware that you can order the parts through Ducati or Yamaha dealers - however, they don't sell the diaphragms separately. You have to buy the whole slide assembly at $155 each.

·
Registered
368 Posts
This crowd is not in North America, but I got some gaskets from them 2 months ago, and I'm about as far away ( New Zealand ) from them ( England ) as you are. Most importantly, THEY SENT THE RIGHT PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ducati

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I need new slide diaphragms for my BDST38 oem carbs..........

Anyone ........ have a set of Mikunis....

I have a pair used diaphragms I can part with. Message me an email address to send photos to if you are interested.

Reactions: Lelebebbel

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Thanks for the link, JAFA.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I would think that any Ducati or Yamaha or maybe KTM dealer would be able to get the parts. If they made it to Canada whoever shipped them to you should be able to provide a customs document from whatever broker they went to.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Ducati and Yamaha both can provide the part, however only as part of a slide kit that includes the whole slider assembly. At over $150 each, this would cost me more than a used set of carbs..

Thanks for the link JAFA, I will try ordering the rebuild kits from them

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Yamaha dealer. TDM 850 used those carbs. What did you do to your diaphragms ? If you soaked them in something you shouldn’t have they usually recover their shape in a few days. You can probably find a set of used carbs cheap to rob diaphragms from. If you think you’re just doing due diligence, it’s normally not necessary.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The diaphragms are dried out / cracking from the outside, where they are exposed to ambient air. I don't know for sure that they are leaking, but they can't be far off, and I want to rule out future problems while I have the carbs on my bench. Yamaha and Ducati only sell complete slide assemblies for lots of dollars.

Luckily SP3 came to the rescue, and I have some used diaphragms coming soon.

Reactions: SP3

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
That’s good to know. Next time I see a set of carbs cheap I think I’ll snap them up.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts