Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... on a ST2.
I want to lower it with only a cm.
I used penetrating fluid, forced it with a screwdriver, then with a hammer.
Does the cylinder linkage screws into the fork (7 in the figure below) and I don't know about?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
It adjusts via items #4 and 5 as noted in the diagram. Screws in or out depending on which way you want to adjust it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Your not really serious about using a hammer and a screw driver are you? :eek:

To lower that pedal you have to adjust both set of screws. If you screw #4 out it pushes the pedal down. However that will also change the action of your brake since the plunger is now pushed further into the cylinder. You might have to adjust that.

I find the easiest way to adjust the plunger is it back off the locking nut, if you want lengthen the rod then back the nut all the way out until it stops at the end of the thread. Then twist the rod out either with your fingers lengthening the push.

If you want to shorten the push of the rod then twist the nut all the way out again and use your fingers to screw the rod in.

To tighten the locking nut push the brake pedal down hard and hold. This will hold the rod in place while you screw the locking down tight up against the yoke.

Randy

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Items 4 & 5 are the brake light switch. You'll need to adjust items 6 & 7 to lower the brake pedal. Remove the clevis (7) from the brake pedal and loosen the nut (6). Turn the clevis on the threaded shaft to lower (or raise) the pedal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts