Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

My first time posting here,

Im in the middle of changing my shift return spring (both of them) on my MTS 1100s (20K miles) and as i was pulling the case off these (refer to photo) 2 bits cameoff with it. I have been taking my time and documenting as much as possible as I go along since its my first time doing such a project. Anyway I hope someone could shed some light!
- P.S - Ive removed the case to find that both springs are intact (refer to photo) and my fork was just displaced, since I tore it down and have 2 new springs I figured I would replace it. is there something else I should be looking for to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Thanks and hope everyones staying safe and sane!
Brandon

- P.S - Ive removed the case to find that both springs are intact (refer to photo) and my fork was just displaced, since I tore it down and have 2 new springs I figured I would replace it. is there something else I should be looking for to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Thanks and hope everyones staying safe and sane!
Brandon

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
Any time you hit the shift are you may rotate the shift arm out of adjustment, no big deal just be aware it can happen.

Yes as belter said the shims are for your crank angle sensor shimming, dont turn the motor over until you put them in but it is a easy fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts