Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys newbie here,

I have an 04 ST4 that was recently involved in a little accident. I'm in the process of placing the gas tank back on and I have all the lines attached correctly (i.e. gas lines etc.) However there is one small hose (It appears to be some form of a water hose based upon the size and gauge. It's held together with the two gas hose lines but I can't seem to figure out where this particular hose runs.) The opposite end of it appears to just let off toward s the bottom of the bike. (Hence why I have a feeling it's maybe an overflow letoff for something???? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
142 Posts
do you have a pic of it, and the bottom of your tank? this will help a great deal.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I looked at the photos. Is it the gasoline overflow hose?
i agree i think it is. there should be two of those hoses that run into a wye and dump out somewhere under the bike

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Well I just dealt with all the hoses on the bottom of the tank and I agree its the fuel overflow hose. You can look at this post for what the bottom of your tank looks like with all the hoses attached. I have numerous photo's for reference in it.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=66608

·
Registered
138 Posts
Not to be a "catch a fish vs. teach to fish" but since you are a newbie (respectfully) I would suggest you go to Ducati website and download the parts catalog for your model (it is FREE) http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/service/parts/2004.jhtml?family=parts

Not only will you have a great place to reference but you will know exactly what hose you are looking at as well as part #.

Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you can while your replacing the tank you might want to disconnect the evap canister hose and run another hose from the tank to the bottom of the bike.

My ST3 just had the tank implode!!!!! I haven't put my finger on the problem but I'm almost sure the canister is the problem. There are several post about tank implosion's to the tune of $2k for a replacment. I was lucky when I opened the fuel cap the vacuum was released and most of the dent was gone. After sitting in the sun for 20 min the tank built pressure and pushed the dent out the rest of the way.

After disconnecting the evap hoes I notice there is no restriction on the hose at all. I hope not to have this happen again. Might not be so lucky twice.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It's either the fuel tank overflow hose, or if you have an usealed battery the hose for fluid overflow from that. don't know if you bike has that type of battery, but my 2000 748's YUSA battery did.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts