Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. In the process of buying a Monster, but unsure about forking over the cash for a 2012 M796 because of the fuel swelling issue I read so much about with no permanent solution. Looking at either a 2012 or an 04 S4R (metal tank) but not new of course. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
The swelling tank problem is annoying but I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker. I have owned and ridden several different Ducati's, and bikes in general, and love the ride of the monsters too much to let something like a little swelling of the tank keep from doing it. As far as the 796, I can't guide you one way or another. To be honest I just don't dig em, purely for appearance reasons. Too many people like em for them to be crap boxes. Especially the 796 for some reason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The swelling tank problem is annoying but I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker. I have owned and ridden several different Ducati's, and bikes in general, and love the ride of the monsters too much to let something like a little swelling of the tank keep from doing it. As far as the 796, I can't guide you one way or another. To be honest I just don't dig em, purely for appearance reasons. Too many people like em for them to be crap boxes. Especially the 796 for some reason.
Thanks for the response. Yes the looks are a personal preference for sure. Going to try an 04 Monster S4R this morning. 15K km's on it which seems to be fair considering it's 8 years old. It's a lot more hp then the 696 I test drove last week...lol

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts