Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ducati ST3 seat that is missing the seat pin. I don't have a seat pin for it. Can you order just a Ducati seat pin?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
What year is it? The parts manuals for all 2000 and up bikes are available on Ducati's site. Find that, look it up. If the part number is listed call your dealer or buy it online, If it's not, then you're stuck with eBay or salvage yards...

I probably have the parts manual for it somewhere if you tell me the year I can look.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is it? The parts manuals for all 2000 and up bikes are available on Ducati's site. Find that, look it up. If the part number is listed call your dealer or buy it online, If it's not, then you're stuck with eBay or salvage yards...

I probably have the parts manual for it somewhere if you tell me the year I can look.
It's for 2007 ST3 I looked it up, but it's not listed.

·
Registered
183 Posts
you could try seargent seats and ask for a replacement part as i believe theirs come with a new pin and they have to come from somewhere right. the corbin seats do not come with one or maybe its the other way around

·
Registered
160 Posts
Corbin seats do not come with the pin.

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
878 Posts
you could try seargent seats and ask for a replacement part as i believe theirs come with a new pin and they have to come from somewhere right. the corbin seats do not come with one or maybe its the other way around
Sargents don't.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the ST3 seatpin the same as the ST2?

I got all winter to look for a seatpin for a ST3 seat. Does anybody know if the ST2 pin is the same? PM me if you got a ST3 seatpin you will sell.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Rhinomoto Seat Pins

The link below indicates that these were intended for Ducati superbikes a few generations back, but on the off chance that 1) these are the seat pins that you're referring to, and 2) they were a universal part number among older Ducatis (which I'm not sure)....I stumbled over these.

http://www.e-securedsite.com/RHINOMOTO/store/myProducts.cfm?CategoryID=117|Ducati%20Upgrades

If not, please ignore this post.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Not hard to make one

I made one out of aluminum rod and flat bar. Just screw a plate to a piece of aluminum rod you can get at the hardware store and file the end to match. No big deal, 1 hour work with a drill, hacksaw and file

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
Plastic Seat Hinge Pins

One point that’s often overlooked when replacing the plastic hinge pins with metal such as aluminum or titanium is that if you crash the plastic pins are designed to shear off and save the rest of the $100+ hinge assembly and perhaps reduce damage to the bodywork.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts